Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Okay, your're half way through the week!



Hi all,

How's your week going thus far?  I hope it's not been too bad.  I know working a full time job has it's ups and downs, but I hope you are having more 'ups' than 'downs.'  The weeks go by so fast for me, even though I don't hold down a job any longer.  It would be nicer if I wasn't chronically ill, but since I can't change that, I'll just have to live with it.  At least I am still living!

I wanted to get started on my new non-fiction novel, which will be the story of my life.  No, it's not a whole lot different than most of your lives, but I definitely have had many joys and sorrows on my life path to where I am today. 

What I believe is that each of the situations I've gone through in the past, as helped me to be the person I am today.  I am sure of who I am, how I feel, what is important to me, how much I love my husband and my family and how blessed I am to still be living.  There is nothing I need to be happy and there is nothing I particularly want.  The best way I can say it is, "I am so blessed."

To get back to my new writing project, the simple truth is that I just haven't taken the time to start.  I've done some serious thinking about a cover and a title, but I haven't settled on something definite as of yet, but I will very soon.  I will probably only produce one or two hard copies, but I will do an electronic copy for Amazon, for electronic reading. 

I wrote my memoirs some time ago, but I'd like to redo the book, continuing on into the present day.  My life has been no more special than anyone else's, but there are special moments in each of our lives.  Those learning moments, changing moments, enlightening moments, loving moments, growing moments and unforgettable moments.  Each and every one of those moments are so very important to me, because they define who I am.

Well, I'm about finished with my hand-embroidered gift card/money holders, small gift bags and Christmas tree ornaments.  Now I need to find another sewing project for myself.  I just love sitting in front of the television working on some kind of sewing project.  It relaxes me so much.  But then, creating anything has always been a relaxer for me.  That is such a blessing for me.

So, what have you been up to lately?  I hope you've found some project to work on that allows you to use your creating abilities.    And, remember to always make some time for yourself.  It's so important for adults to take some precious moments to rejuvenate themselves. 

Well, I do hope the balance of your work week goes well and goes by quickly for you.  Stay safe and be kind to yourself.
Susan

No comments: