Thursday, May 29, 2014

Yucky!!!!!

Hi all,

Well, the only way to describe the weather today is by saying, "Yucky!"  It's been raining off and on all day, and it's damp and chilly outside.  Definitely not my idea of good weather, but since there's nothing I can do to change it, I suppose I'll have to just make the best of it.

This week has gone by so fast, mostly because Monday was a holiday.  So all day Tuesday, I kept thinking it was Monday.  On Wednesday I had to remind myself that it was Wednesday and not Tuesday.  I think today I'm on track for it being Thursday.  I'm sure for all of you who hold down Monday through Friday jobs, you're happy because tomorrow is Friday already.  Hooray!  As for me, it simply doesn't matter one way or the other.

I am happy to say that I have gotten back to rewriting my memoirs.  Since I wrote, "My Memoirs" in 2006, it's a bit easier to start over by referring to that book.  When I published that copy, I had just been diagnosed with Chronic Congestive Heart Failure and other heart problems.  So, I have the last eight years to add to my memoirs.  Actually, this will be an all together different book.  It also, will mainly be an electronic reader only.  I may have a few actual hard copies made, but I'm not going to go to any great expense at this time.

I am also still working on my hand-embroidered Christmas table runner.  It's coming along, but I'm not in any big hurry to complete it.  Mainly because when I'm finished, I will have to come up with something else to work on while I sit and relax, watching television.

What have you been up to lately?  I'm sure that many of you have been working outside in your flower beds.  It's so nice to see my healthy green plants sprouting buds already.  I was so tired of seeing my yard (it's very small) and flower beds piled up with mountains of snow from the winter months.  We have two flower beds in our yard.  All total we probably only have about 16'-19' of bed space, but I still enjoy seeing my plants once they start producing flowers.  How about you?

I do hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  We did.  The weather, at least here in the Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania, was quite nice.  It didn't start getting a little humid until Monday and really not too bad at that.  I spent quite a bit of time on our porch, simply enjoying being outside again.  I'm sure that many of you were able to get out of doors over the weekend as well.  I believe all the public swimming pools opened on Memorial Day weekend. 

Can you believe that it's almost June 1, 2014?  It seems like just a few weeks ago that we were celebrating New Years Eve.  My, oh my, how fast time does fly by.  Even with me leading a very sedentary lifestyle, and spending much of my time alone, I can't grasp just how quickly time goes.  As each year comes and goes, I am so grateful and thankful to God that I'm still alive to enjoy time with my husband, family and friends.  They all mean so very much to me. 

I hate to say it but I believe that we don't truly appreciate what we have, until it's not there anymore.  I don't know why we humans are like that.  Before becoming chronically ill, my life just went on like most of yours, moving from one day to the next, running here and there with family and friends.  Busy! Busy! Busy!  Now, sometimes, I ask myself what exactly was I doing back then?  Where was I running to?  And, why didn't I realize just how short life truly is?  I'm sorry, but I have no answer for those questions.

So, now I do what I believe God wants me to do.  That is to write books and booklets, create handmade greeting cards, use my creative abilities to do hand embroidery, and so on.  The only things I have sold are the books, and those are at cost.  The other projects I work on I give away.  This is my lot in life and for that I am so thankful.  I am still alive and this old sickly heart is still beating, of course it's with the help of my pacemaker, since I am dependent on my pacemaker to stay alive.  You see, my own heart rate is extremely slow and I could not survive very long without the pacemaker.  So again, to God goes the glory!

I wish each and every one of you a good Thursday and Friday, with high hopes for the weekend.  Use your time to discover something new about your spouse, children and most of all yourself.  We all need time to be alone with our own thoughts.  The, just sit back and close your eyes and wait for God to whisper in your ear, or for Him to put some thoughts or ideas into your head.  He's there, but we need to open ourselves up to His presence.

Stay safe and God bless you.
Susan

PS:  Here are some pictures of a replica Steam Engine train that my husband and I were invited to ride.  It was about a three hour trip down and back, but it was so nice.





















No comments: