Thursday, May 1, 2014

Writing comes in all different forms!

Hi all,

Happy Thursday afternoon to each of you.  Just one more work day this week and I'm sure many of you are very happy about that.  As for me, every day is fairly much the same.  I'm not complaining because I worked for many years outside of the house.  I remember how great it was knowing that you only had one more work day that week.

I have been writing, but not necessarily on a book.  I've been preparing a story for the newspaper and one for "Greensleeves", which is YCHS's quarterly newspaper.  I've never presented an article about myself before, but I suppose that's part of marketing myself.  I wasn't raised to toot my own horn, so it doesn't come easily to me.  Oh well, I guess if I want to sell books, I need to market them.

So, what have you been up to?  I'm sure that if you live on the Eastern coast of the US, you're as sick of this rain as I am.  Unfortunately, they are calling for some passing showers today, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday.  What's up with that anyways?  Although there is to be some partially sunny times during the course of the weekend.

A few nights ago, there was a fire which displaced about eight adults and a few children.  It was only one block over from us and two blocks west of us.  That's a scary thing for me.  It's the one thing that petrifies me and always has.  Today my daughter sent an email out to family and friends letting us know that her Son is in the same class with a boy who's home burned.  His bedroom was completely destroyed and he now has no clothes.  (I suppose Good Will is giving him some recycled things to wear, or the Salvation Army.)  So, my Grandson asked his Mom to send an email to see if anyone of us could donate some money to help this young man purchase some new clothes.  How generous of my Grandson to think up this idea.  Of course, we are going to donate some money to this worthy cause.  God has truly blessed us and it would be a sin not to pass it onward to others.   I'm so proud of my Grandson for thinking about this boy in his class.

I've come to a decision about what my next writing project will be:  I believe I'm going to publish my memoirs.  I will have to rewrite it as I go though.  When I'm finished, I'll put an electronic copy on Amazon.com for purchase.  I don't know how many people will be interested in reading it, basically because I haven't lived that exciting of a life, but I lived a very learning life.  Maybe someone can learn something from some of  circumstances I've lived through.

Well, the weekend is fast approaching and I'm sure you will have a busy schedule, but please take some time out for yourself.  Do something creative, I guarantee you it will boost your self esteem.  We all need to feel that we can do something worthwhile.  So, get out there and get started, whatever you choose to do. 

Stay safe and God bless you.
Susan
Here's my newest novel.  You can check it out on Amazon.com.














No comments: