Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happy Saturday!

Hi all,

First of all, let me wish each and every one of you a wonderful weekend and Memorial Day.  We owe so much gratitude to all our service men and woman, both living and dead.  I can't even imagine what hardships and fears they live through each and every day.  But, they are out there fighting, loosing limbs and dying for us here in the US.  So for them, I will say a very special prayer this weekend, asking God to keep them all safe.

What's on your Saturday schedule?  I suppose many of you will be having, or going, to picnics some time over this weekend.  Or, perhaps you will be heading out to your local community swimming pool; or maybe you and your family have gone camping for the weekend.  Whatever you are doing to celebrate Memorial Day weekend, have fun and stay safe.

It looks like it might be a nice day today, as well as Sunday and Monday, at least here in the Eastern part of the United States.  That's a good thing, at least I think it is.  My plans for the weekend include some work on my current novel, which is a non-fiction piece; and also I plan to work on the Christmas table runner I have started.  It's all being done using hand embroidery.  I decided to use the non-traditional colors of blue and white this time.  Usually I like to stick to the traditional colors of red and green, but I thought I'd do something a bit different this time.  I'll post a photograph of it when it's completed. 

I will ask each of you to set aside a few minutes just for yourself.  Find a nice quiet place, sit back and just let your mind wander.  Try to think about the fun and carefree times of your life; those times when things were simple and not rushed.  Remember how wonderful it felt to just hang out doing nothing?  We all need to do that from time to time.  It helps us to put our lives in perspective. 

Once again, I will encourage all of you to try something creative.  It can be anything at all.  As simple as making a cake and decorating it for Memorial Day.  Or perhaps, for you men, rearrange your patio furniture to create a more warm and friendly setting.  Creativity comes in so many ways, just find out where your interest lies and go for it.

Again let me say, "All my best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  Be safe and God bless you!
Susan

No comments: