Saturday, June 14, 2014

An Early, "Happy Father's Day".

Hi all,

Well, Father's Day is fastly approaching.  It's tomorrow, Sunday, May 15.  So, to all of you out there who are fathers, step-fathers or grandfathers, I wish you all the best on your special day.  Fathers do so very much for their children.  They are to be great role models for their sons and a constant source of strength for their daughters.  I realize that is a very tough job for every dad out there.

My Dad passed away fifteen years ago, this coming September.  I have to admit that my mind returns to him very, very often.  I was just speaking about him today to our Chaplin.  I was telling him how I used to believe that I wasn't like my Dad at all, but as I've aged, I've come to realize just how much I truly am like him.  That makes me so happy.

My Dad, Harry, was a wonderful father and he was always there when we needed him.  He was a very hard worker, as he worked a full time job and a part time job for quite a few years to keep food on our table and provide us with the things we needed.  My Mom also went to work a full time job when I was about twelve years of age. 

In many ways, my Dad was my hero.  I always thought that he could do anything.  Of course, as I grew up, I realized that he couldn't always make everything better, but he always tried to do just that.  So, I want to take this time to wish him a very Happy Father's Day tomorrow.  He may no longer be apart of this life, but he will always be a major part of me.  I love you Dad with all my heart and soul.

How was your day today?  Mine was okay.  It was a bit chilly outside today, so I spent a lot of time indoors, which was fine.  I did sit outside for a while this afternoon and visited with some friends of ours.  It's always nice to touch base with friends, especially those you don't see too often. 

I understand that tomorrow is to be a nicer day.  It's to be a little warmer, high of about 84 degrees with very low humidity.  I can't wait.  I also saw that starting on Monday, the humidity is to come back in with higher temperatures and that's to continue through out the week.  Ugh!  I must say that I hate days like that.  I have a very hard time being out of doors when the temps are high and also the humidity.  It makes it very hard for me to breathe.  So, I suppose I'll be spending most of my time indoors next week.  Of well, there's no sense in complaining, so I will not.

Can you believe that tomorrow is the 15th of June already?  I certainly can not.  This summer is already flying on by, but then, almost every month flies on by to me.

I thought I'd give you all an update on my grandson.  He is home from the hospital and he is doing very well.  I hope he continues to improve, a little each day.  The biggest problem right now is the constant pain he is in.  My daughter has been by his side every minute, since he went into the hospital.  She's a great mom and she loves him very much.  I'm very proud of the both of them.  I know she will be there to see him through his progression and always.

As for my oldest daughter, she had a good day yesterday, Friday, but no so much today.  I was so sorry to hear that.  Her MRI is scheduled for Tuesday and it can't come fast enough for me.  I hope her doctor starts scheduling tests closer together, or that he finally realizes she needs to see a cardiologist.  I have to say that I do not understand family doctors and the slow process they make before finally doing what needs to be done. 

I will ask anyone out there, who is a believer in the power of prayer, to pray for both my grandson and my daughter.  I believe there is nothing more powerful that prayers.  Thanks so much.

Well, where ever you live, I hope all you Dads have a wonderful day tomorrow.  Also I wish everyone a great Sunday.  Stay safe and take time for yourself.
Susan

No comments: