Monday, June 30, 2014

What's up with everyone?

Hi all,

Well, one day down for this week, and seeing how it will be a short week, you all only have three more days to go before you have three days off work.  Hurrah for you!

This past weekend was marvelous for sitting out on our porch.  It wasn't too hot or too humid.  I truly loved it.  I just saw the weather for this weekend and by Friday, a front is to be coming through, that is to bring less humid weather and nicer temperatures for the weekend.  That's great news.

What are your plans for this Fourth of July?  I'm sure that no matter what you have planned, you will have some fun and stay cool.  How about visiting a pool, a lake, a stream, an ocean, or if none of those are available to you to use, you could run under a sprinkler!  And, if none of the above is your choice for fun, stay in the air conditioning or simply sit in the shade on your front porch or back deck.

Last Friday, I finished a 27 day Journalling Course.  I've been journalling, off and on, for many, many years now.  It was recommended to me a long time ago, as a way of releasing stress and tension.  Emotions can sometimes overwhelm us and we definitely need a way to get them out.  Unlike some people, who freak-out at everyone, most of us don't chose to do that.  Journalling is a wonderful way to get all those negative feelings out.  Sometimes we are overwhelmed with what's going on in our daily lives and it overtakes us.  Please, pick up a tablet and start writing down how you feel.  Your journal isn't for anyone else to read except you.  You can write down exactly how you feel at any given time and for any reason.  You have a right to your own feelings.  That doesn't mean that those feelings are correct or right, but at that time, they are your feelings.  Journalling is much better way to release that tension and stress than going off on someone you love and hurting them deeply.

I spent about an hour and a half this afternoon working on my new novel.  It's non fiction and it's the story of my life.  I still have a ways to go yet, but I'd say I'm about half way done now..  Of course, that's still a long way from having it published.  Next will come the proof reading and I can't tell you how hard that is to do.  I've discovered that I read very fast, meaning that I skim over the text, even though I am reading every word, just not looking at each work very carefully. 

I have a lot of respect for people who do proofing for a living.  I'd really never thought about it before I started writing and doing my own proof reading.  It's amazing how any of us know about what's involved in another person's profession.  Think about it...

I do hope that each of you have a good week leading up to your holiday and the weekend.  Please stay safe and if you're driving any distance, please be very careful.  Everything can change in a split second.  Trust me, I know how true this is. 
Susan

No comments: