Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's steamy out there!

Hi all,

How's the weather where you are?  Here, in South Central Pennsylvania, it's very warm with high humidity.  Thank God I have air conditioning.  I know a lot of you probably don't mind this type of weather.  A lot of you can go to the community pool or dive into your own above or below ground swimming pool.  As for me, I'm not now, and really never have been a pool person.  Actually, for the past eight years, I haven't been able to be out of doors in this heat and humidity.  Since my heart isn't in very good shape, I can't breath under these conditions.  So, for those who like to be outside, go for it, and for those who don't, stay in a cool place.

Well, my grandson is doing some what better now.  He's still in a lot of pain, but my daughter has made him get up and walk with her, which is very good for his recovery.  While walking late this afternoon, they got caught in a summer shower and tried to find trees to stay dry.  She said that's the first time, in two weeks, that he smiled and laughed.  I'll bet that felt wonderful to him, to say the least.  I know he's anxious for the pain to go away and to be better, but only time will bring that about.

As for my daughter, she had two tests done today:  a cat scan and a chest ex-ray.  She won't get the results until Thursday, unless she or her husband calls the doctor's office tomorrow.  I spoke to her yesterday and she was very irritated, to say the least.  I understand how she feels.  She's so tired of sitting and laying around because of the dizziness all the time.  We need to get some answers soon. Please keep praying for the both of them.  I so appreciate the prayers.

Well, tomorrow is hump day, so for all of you who are still working full time jobs, rest assure that after tomorrow, you're on the down side of the week.  What have you all been up to lately?  Anything creative?  I'm now working on my second Christmas table runner.  Since I gave the first one to my ill daughter to cheer her up, I need to make another one for myself.  Since I have two other daughters, I may make one for each of them, also.  We'll see, I do have plenty of time to complete them.

I've been having a hard time concentrating on my writing lately.  So yesterday and today, I pushed  myself to get back to it.  I'm not on any time schedule, but I need to try to write every day.  At least for a bit.  It's coming along pretty good, at least I feel it is. 

I hope you will find something creative to work on, be it cooking, baking, planting gardens, sewing or whatever you choose to do.  I do hope your week is going well and I hope you have some fun during the evening hours and over this weekend.  We all need that!

Stay safe and make time for yourself, always.
Susan

No comments: