Monday, June 2, 2014

Goodbye Monday, Hello Tuesday!

Hi all,

Well, another Monday will soon bite the dust.  Before we know it, Tuesday will be arriving on our doorstep.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I certainly did.  That was two weekends in a row with nice weather.  Dare we hope for another one for next weekend?  Who knows"

How was your Monday?  Mine consisted of my usual Monday laundry, as well as, spending time working on my newest novel.  It is a rewrite of my memoirs.  I wrote a book entitled, "My Memoirs" back in 2006.  This one will be a bit different though.  Also, I will be doing this one only for electronic reading.  It will be available on Amazon.com when it is finished.  I'll make sure to let let everyone know when it is available.

I was supposed to start a twenty-seven day journaling course on June 1, but I wasn't able to start it that day.  Now I'm two days behind, so that will be one of my writing projects for the next twenty seven days.  If you've never done any journaling, you really should start.  It's so helpful to put your thoughts down on paper.  You don't have to worry about anyone else reading them, because journaling is to be personal.  Once you've filled a book, you can destroy it or put it in a safe place.  A place where no one else will ever be able to read it.  I learned, many years ago, during therapy, how important journaling can be to one's peace of mind.  Please give it a try.  You won't be sorry.

I'm still working on my table runner.  As I've said, it will be for the Christmas Season.  I have all of the blocks finished, but now I'm in the process of hand sewing them onto the base.  I'll be sure to post a photograph when it's finished.  I saw a picture in a book and decided I liked it.  The directions were intended for it to be quilted, but I decided to use felts and hand embroider it.  I drew the designs (snow lady and snowman, Christmas trees, snowman on a sled, ice skates, mittens and a few others) by hand and just cut them out of either white, light blue or green felt.  Remember:  you can do anything that you set your mind to, if you just try!

Well, I hope you enjoy what's left of good old Monday.  Remember to make time for yourself.  It's so important in keeping everyone in your family happy.  Be safe and God bless.
Susan

No comments: