Friday, June 27, 2014

From Feeling Good to Not Feeling Good, in the matter of a few mintues.

Hi all,

How's everyone doing tonight?  I am doing okay, except for the fact that my husband golfed in a golf tournament today and apparently he brought pollen home with him.  I was doing quite well with my allergies until after he got home, late this afternoon.  He went up to shower and change clothes, thinking that might help me.  I appreciate the gesture and I hope it helps me.  I know he couldn't help it.

Well, another weekend has arrived once again.  What's on your schedule for the next two days?  I'm sure many of you will head out to your community pools or local lakes for some cooling off.  As for me, there's no swimming pools in my future.  I will continue to stay indoors with my air conditioning turned on.  I understand it was quite humid outside today, but that tomorrow it's to be some what better, at least where the humidity is concerned.  Let's hope so.

I spent quite a bit of time today working on my current novel, "White to Black:  With Many Shades In Between".  It's an autobiography.  It's going pretty good.  Although I'm not in any huge hurry to get it finished anytime in the near future.  I'm kind of a free spirit, especially since I became chronically ill eight years ago.  I know better than to push myself because then I pay the price.

Today, I also finished up my 27 Days to Health and Happiness, which was a journal class.  I have to say that I enjoyed it very much.  It wasn't hard to set aside about forty-five minutes a day to do each days assignment.  Perhaps I'll try another course sometime soon.  Have you ever tried journaling?  If not, you really should.  It's a great way to release tension and stress, worry and sadness.  I've journaled many times, off and on, during my adult life.  In fact, I first started many years ago, when my counselor suggested I start journaling.  So, I did, and it certainly helped.  Day 27's assignment, was to read back over the past twenty six days of journaling and see how things progressed as I went through each day.  I have to say it was very emotional for me, even though I didn't upset me, emotionally, each day as I journaled.  I would suggest it as a way for anyone to help relieve the stressful times from your life.   Remember your journal is your private business.  It's not for anyone else to read.  So, perhaps after you have accumulated a few filled journals, you may want to destroy them.  Try it today!

Can you believe that it's almost the end of June.  Where has this year gone to so quickly?  I simply do not know.  Seems like it was just New Year's Eve.  I have to say that before we know it, summer will be gone and the children will be returning back to school once again.  Man, I have to say that life moves along so quickly as a person ages.  I never realized that when I was younger and my girls were still at home.  Even afterwards, while I was still working, I didn't think that time flew by so quickly.  Have you ever sat and thought about that?  I don't know, perhaps I have too much time on my hands...

Well, whatever your plans are for the weekend, please remember to take some time just for yourself:  time to sit and converse with God, and time for you to be able to hear His answers.  Do something creative even if it's baking a cake or working in your flower bed.  Have some fun and enjoy your life because, believe me, in a single moment, it can all change.  God bless all of you.
Susan

















No comments: