Thursday, June 12, 2014

Good Evening!

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this evening?  I hope your week is going well and your troubles are few.  It's been an emotional week for me, as I have been worried about the health of one of my grandsons and my oldest daughter.  As for my grandson, he came home from Hershey Children's Hospital last evening about 8:30.  I'm sure he's very happy to be at home now.  He's still in much pain, and that will be with him for about the next three or so weeks.  I wish that weren't so, but it is.  He needed a special chair that would support his back when he's sitting up, so my husband and I purchased one for him, so he'd have the equipment he needed.  He had a few visitors today, so I'm sure that cheered him up some and his Mom is staying by his side until he's able to stay alone again.

As for my daughter, we don't know anything new there.  They have scheduled an MRI for next Tuesday.  Hopefully this will tell if she has a tumor on her brain or if she's had a stroke, or eliminate both these things.  Either way, I'm glad they're finally moving forward.  The medicine she's taking for the extreme vertigo, seems to be helping a little bit.  I'm still very worried about her, so I'll continue praying for God to keep on carrying her in His hands.  Hopefully, they'll soon know what is wrong with her.  I will ask you to add a prayer for the both of them to your daily prayers.  Thanks much.

Needless to say, what with all the worrying I've been doing, I haven't really been able to keep my mind on anything lately.  I've done some work on my memoirs, but not what I should have.  This week seemed like I was in a bit of a fog.  I hope next week will be better. 

I have started another Christmas table runner, since I gifted the first one to my daughter to cheer her up.  (She's been counting down the days until Christmas.)  I'm not making this one quit as wide as the first one.  That way I can use it on my coffee table, which is an antique wooden ironing board.  It's coming along and I don't have to concentrate too much when working on it.

Well, what exactly have you all been up to lately?  I hope you have started or completed something in the creative line.  How's the flower beds coming?  I'm sure many of them are truly beautiful.  My husband has been taking care of our flower beds and he hung up on the front porch and put one beside the front door.  Now all we need to do is remember to water them.  Since we don't use the front door very often, that may be a problem, but I hope not. 

I suppose that summer has arrived, whether officially or not.  It's been very warm, stormy and humid here in York, PA this week.  I have to say that I hate this type of weather, mostly because I can not spend any time out of doors with the humidity.  I can not breath in that weather.  There's nothing wrong with my lungs, it's all coming from my heart.  So, I'm left indoors most of the time.  But, I'm not complaining, because I'm happy to be alive.

I hope tomorrow goes quickly for all of you.  I know you'll be thinking:  TGIF and I don't blame you, not one little bit.  I used to do the same thing.  Have a good weekend and stay safe.
Susan

No comments: