Sunday, June 8, 2014

Another one bites the dust!

Hi all,

This weekend is soon ending and yes, another one bites the dust!  I do hope your weekend was a wonderful one, whatever you were doing.  I know that most of you think the weekends go entirely too fast.  I say this, because I used to feel the exact same way.  Not so much any more though. 

I will say that this weekend was not a fun filled one for me.  My youngest Grandson (17 yrs.) is in the Hershey Children's Hospital.  He had surgery on Friday to correct a concave chest bone.  Certainly not a fun procedure, that's for sure.  They inserted a metal rod, which is curved in the center, into a plastic tube, which they inserted into his chest first.  Both the rod and the tube are then fastened to his ribs.  That was done after they had everything in place and turned the curved rod toward his rib cage.  My Grandson and daughter were told that this is one of the most painful surgeries during the healing process.  He will not have the rod and tube removed for three years.

So far, he's doing well.  I am so thankful for that, although he is in a lot of pain.  He will be in the hospital for five to seven days.  Then his recuperation time will pretty much take the remainder of the summer.  But, he will be able to start school with the rest of his class and he will also be able to play sports once again.  Hurrah!

My husband and I drove over to Hershey yesterday to visit with him and my daughter.  She's a single Mom and has been there by his side all along.   I know he appreciates his Mom's support so much.  He slept most of the time we were there, which was okay.  He needs the rest and the pain medication is making him sleep. 

Then today, my husband and I went down to see my oldest daughter who is having health issues.  I'm so worried because, at this point, we don't know what's wrong with her.  She's having vertigo, heart palpitations and  extreme tiredness.  She doesn't look good to me.  I will admit that I'm a worried Mama right now. 

So, for the last three days, I've been asking for prayers for the both of them.   I truly believe that there is no medicine that's any better than the power of prayer.  I have tried, diligently, to let both of them in God's hands, but I seem to keep taking it back.  It's not that I don't trust God, explicitly, because I do.  I suppose it's just human nature to worry about anyone that you love.  I would appreciate it if any of you out there would say a prayer for both my Grandson and my Daughter.  Thanks so much.

Needless to say, I haven't been doing much in the creative line lately.  Hopefully this week I'll have a chance to get back to my memoirs.  I completed the hand sewing project I was working on, so now it's time to start another one.  I gave the table runner I created to my daughter as a present. Since she loves snowmen and everything there is about Christmas, I thought it might cheer her up.  I can always make myself another one.  Heaven only knows I'm always looking for a new sewing project.
 
 

Here's a picture of it.

I have to admit that I miss not having time to do my creative things.  I really miss it.  How's the weather where you are?  It's been cloudy and overcast, most of the day here.  Maybe that's part of the reason why I'm so tired today.  Or, perhaps it's because I'm stressed a bit. 

It's hard for me to believe that it's almost the middle of June.  This summer is flying by, don't you think  so?  Of course, I think every monthly and every year goes by so quickly now.  I hope you have a good first day of the week tomorrow and that good old Monday goes by very quickly for you.

Be safe and God bless each of you.
Susan

No comments: