Sunday, July 27, 2014

A New Week is Upon Us!

Hi all,

How was your weekend?  Well, actually, it's not yet over, but for me it's pretty much gone.  I didn't do anything really exciting over this weekend, but that doesn' mean I didn't accomplish some things.  I proof read over seventy pages of my manuscript, I finished creating one poem and wrote another one today.  I also spent some time working on my newest hand embroidery project, which is Christmas bags for gifts.  These are rather large and will hold nice sized gifts.  I cut them all out, and I have two of them completed.  So, my weekend may not be what most people would call 'exciting', but it was very productive.  What's more important, to me, is the fact that all these things make me feel good about myself. 

Another four days and July bits the dust!  Where has the summer gone?  I understand that many of our local schools are starting around the 19th or 20th of August.  I suppose that's because they had so many snow days off this past year, that they are possibly building more snow days into this coming school year.  Who knows?

My husband has had a very busy weekend.  He golfed in a tournament yesterday, so he was gone all morning and most of the afternoon.  Today he drove quite a distance to attend a family reunion.  That's entirely way too much driving for me.  It took him about three hours to get there, he stayed about 3 1/2 hours and now is driving the three hours back home.  I worry so much about him when he's driving long distances.  He isn't a youngster anymore, but he doesn't see it that way. 

What's on your calender for this week?   Anything exciting?  For me, it's just a regular week of normal living and trying to work on my manuscript.  I'd like to have it finished by the end of August, but I'm not giving myself a time limit.  I've already decided that my next writing project will be a book of poems.  I still have to create quite a few new poems, but I find that poetry is on my mind a lot lately.  Again, there's no hurry for this project, either.

I hope that for all of you who will be returning to work again tomorrow morning, that you will try to simply keep an open mind.  The one good thing I've always realized about Mondays at work, was that I was always busy and the day flew by.  At least that's a good thing.  Unfortunately, we all need to work in order to make a living.  So, my advice is to just think good thoughts and make the most of it. 

Here's the picture that I'm using on the cover of my manuscript, "White to Black - With Many Shades in Between.

I drew it quite a few years ago.  It's a pencil art using all shades from white to dark black.

Have a wonderful Sunday evening and stay safe.
Susan

No comments: