Monday, July 14, 2014

And to you, a very happy Monday!

Good morning to you all,

Well, it's a pretty normal Monday for me.  As usual I did laundry, lots of it.  I truly don't know how we get so much laundry.  Oh well, it is now finished until later in the week. 

I suppose old habits never go away, at least for me, that is.  I've always done laundry on Mondays, for as long as I can ever remember.  My Mom also did laundry on Mondays.  Well, I do laundry at least one other day out of the week, but it's always been done on Mondays.

I will admit that I am absolutely a creature of habit.  I will also admit that I like it that way.  I am a list person, as well.  I have never, nor will I ever, be a woman to fly by the seat of my pants.  And, if you don't know that old saying, it means that I don't like things sprung on me without some warning.  Whenever we are going somewhere or I have multiple things I need to do, I write up lists for myself and then cross off everything as I've completed it.  This seems to have always worked for me.  I truly like to have all my ducks in a row, before I do anything.  As I've said, old habits die hard and in my case, never go away.

How was your weekend?  Mine was very nice and the weather on Friday and Saturday was pretty enjoyable.  Yesterday the humidity started going back up, so I stayed indoors most of the afternoon and all of the evening.  We visited with some new found friends who are suffering their own personal issues with chronic illness.  Gerry and I truly want to help this couple in any way that we are able.  For me, it's my way to "play it forward", since I've had so many people help me to deal with my illness.  The big difference between this couple and Gerry and I, is that they are only in their forties and they have a young son.  Although I will admit that my heart problems reared their ugly little heads when I was in my forties, but my daughters were all grown up adults by then.  So I didn't have the extra responsibilities that a young child brings. 

I have been praying every day for both the man, who has cancer, and for his wife, as she is carrying so many burdens. But, I do know this, that neither one of them is going through this alone.  I absolutely know, that God is carrying the both of them, and there is no one better to do the job, than the Lord.  Whatever happens with this man's health, God will see him through it.  And, no matter what the results of his illness are, his wife will get through, because God will be right there by her side.  Please say a prayer for this couple.  I firmly believe in the power of prayers.  God can and does work miracles every single day!

Well, let me tell you, that since this past Friday, a week ago, I have been watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark station and on the Hallmark Movie Channel.  They were celebrating Christmas in July.  I watched so many of these movies, not for just the first time, but for many, many times.  I don't care that they're repeats, I just love them.  When one of them is over, I feel such a joy and contentment inside me.  That's what the spirit of Christmas is all about; letting that peace and joy inside your heart so you can love your family and friends.  They simply bring me so much joy, and I'll take that anytime!

I'm still working on my autobiography and on my hand embroidery project.  Also, I am entering a poetry contest on Fanstory, com.  So, I've been pretty busy.  How about you?  What have you been up to lately?  I do hope you've scheduled some time into your busy days just for yourself.  I know I keep repeating myself on this, but I can't stress it enough, that everyone of us needs some time alone.  Time to reconnect with God and ourselves. 

Be safe and enjoy your day.
Susan

No comments: