Thursday, July 17, 2014

Happy Thursday evening, everyone!

Hi all,

Well, how's your week going thus far?  At least you can rest assured that tomorrow is Friday, so only one more work day until the weekend.  Just keep repeating after me, "One more day!"  Everyone can make it through just one twenty four hour period.  Come on, cheer up!

What's on your schedule for the weekend?  If you are living in the Eastern part of the United States, I believe it's to be a really nice weekend, weather wise.  The humidity is to be low until the start of next week, so get out there and do something fun.  There's so much to do outside, just go enjoy yourselves. 

My hopes for the weekend are this:  I'd like to keep working on my manuscript.  I'm almost finished with the writing process.  Next comes the rewrites and then the proof reading.  Ugh!  Proofreading is so hard for me.  I always thought I read every word and phrase while reading, but I suppose I don't.  I think I read four or five words at a time, therefore I don't catch the errors so easily.  I suppose I could ask someone else to do the proofing, but I prefer to do it myself.  You know, we all have our own little quirks, and that's one of mine. 

I've been working on my poetry lately.  I believe that I now have written six of them.  I am using one of them to enter a contest.  I have until July 31, to get my entry submitted.  But, I'm about finished, so no sweat!  Sometimes it's good to wait a few days and then review the poem to see if I'd like to make any changes.  I have to say that I am enjoying writing poetry.  I never thought I would, but I am!  God's always directing me into different avenues of writing.  For that, I am so thankful.

Well, I finally finished my hand embroidered Christmas table runners.  I am pleased with them, but so glad I am now done.  I completed four of them:  one for each of my daughters and one for myself.  Now it's on to something else to embroider, but what????   Oh, I'm sure I'll soon come up with another good project.  Just give me a few days...

It's been a while since I've done any painting or created any hand-made greeting cards.  I make my cards for the year (except for Christmas cards), within the first three months of each year.  It takes me quite a while to complete all of them, but I love doing them. 

Of course, I love doing anything that's creative and for that, I am so thankful to God.  Since I am ill and lead a sedentary life style, I don't honestly know what I'd do if I couldn't create something! 

Well, I wish each of you a happy and content weekend.  Have some fun and be sure to set some time aside just for yourself.  I know I say this often, but it's so important.  You can't be there for your family, if you haven't rejuvenated yourself! 

Be safe and enjoy!
Susan

No comments: