Thursday, July 10, 2014

I'm enjoying it!

Hi all,

I'm sorry I haven't added a new page earlier this week, but I've been preoccupied with writing my poetry.  I'm finding that I truly am enjoying writing poetry, even though I never thought I'd be able to do it.  Oh me of little faith!  I should have known that when I put my mind to something, I can accomplish it.  It may not be great, but by darn, I will do it!

I have now written four poems, that are all based on happenings from my life.  I have decided to enter a contest for poetry.  You have to write a poem that contains a story in it.  That should be fairly easy for me, as all four of the poems I've already written are stories from my life.  I can't use any of them because I've already posted them on Fanstory.  This is a web site for writers, be it novels or poetry.  You write a story or a poem and then you can post it for other writers to review and rate.  By reviewing and rating each others work, you earn play money, which is used to post your own work. 
I have to admit that I do read many of the poems, because I've always enjoyed poetry, but never wrote any. 

Here's a sample of one of my poems.  I hope you like it.

My Blessings!
 
If I could choose to start my life
All over, just once more.
There's very little I would change,
This, I know for sure.
 
I've had my joys, pains and sorrows,
Difficult days, nights and weeks.
But the many joys far out weigh,
Anything else I could ever seek.
 
I've never had to walk this path,
In any way alone.
Because God has walked right by my side,
Carrying me, although I had not known.
 
Old age has crept into my body,
And illness has attacked my heart.
But still I see god's plan for me,
If not in full, then at least, in part.
 
The blessings He's bestowed upon me,
Are way too many for me to say.
But I'll always be thankful for them all,
Now and on every single day.
 
So thank you dear God in heaven,
For the loving family you've given me.
No greater blessing could I ever ask for,
Then the gift of my daughters, three.
 
And the blessed gift of true love,
You've brought into my life.
He's a wonderful and caring person,
And I'm honored to be his wife.
 
 
Sometime soon, I'll post a few of my poems on a separate page for you to read. 
 
Well, the weekend is almost upon us, once again.  I hope you'll all get to spend some of it just kicking back and relaxing.  I know that when you have children at home yet, that often times, you weekends are filled with running all over the place.  Letting you little time for yourself.  But, I am telling you how very important it is for you to find some time to relax and unwind.  Time just to yourself....  just do it.
 
Have a wonderful weekend.
Susan
 
 


No comments: