Thursday, July 3, 2014

I'm trying something new? How about you?

Hi all,

Well, July 4th is almost upon us.  I'm sure the the majority of you have some plans for the holiday, if not for the entire weekend.  Wherever you're going and whatever you choose to do, please stay safe, enjoy yourselves and love your family. 

As I'm sure you can tell from my title today, I have decided to try something new in the writing line. A week or two ago, I wrote my first poem and I have to say, I truly enjoyed doing it.  I also think it's pretty good.  So, a a day or two ago, I wrote my second one and today I finished my third. 

I am truly enjoying writing poetry.  I never even considered giving it a try before.  I've just always enjoyed writing children's books, adult novels, and self help booklets.  But, now I'm on to something new.  Oh, I'm still working on my current non-fiction novel and it's coming along quite well.  Also, I'm working on a seven day journaling class.  I actually took this one a few months ago, but I thought I'd just take it once again.  I enjoy journaling. 

Have you ever tried journaling?  If not, you really should.  It's not only good for you emotionally, but it improves your health, as well.  What happens when you journal, is that you unload all those hurtful feelings, tensions, stresses and so on, that are inside of you.  You know, those negative thoughts and emotions that somehow seem to remain inside you, even though you'd like to get rid of them.  Give it a try sometime.  You really don't need any special journal.  Just pick up a tablet or a sheet of paper and start unloading all your feelings.  I promise you, you'll be so surprised at how much better you will feel when you're finished. 

My thanks to any of you who have been praying for my daughter and my youngest grandson.  They are both doing some better now.  My grandson's doctor is so surprised and pleased with his progress.  That's certainly good news.  As for my daughter, she has finally been diagnosed with a disease, which hopefully, is on it's way to getting better.  She also found out that she is having PVC's of the heart.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's Premature Ventricular Contractions of the heart.  I know they can attempt to control them with medication and if that doesn't work, there is a procedure that can be done.  My middle daughter has had PVC's and her doctor performed a ablation on her.  She's good now.  I
also, have PVC's, plus a lot of other conditions of the heart.

Well, enjoy your holiday and stay safe. 
Susan
 
This is going to be on the cover of my new novel.
I drew it many years ago.

No comments: