Saturday, July 19, 2014

"It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood!"

Hi all,

What a beautiful day this Saturday is becoming.  The temperatures are not to be too warm and the humidity is to be low.  How much more could we ask for than that?  Also, there's a slight breeze blowing and it's cool. 

What's on your schedule for today?  As for me, I have a Red Hat Event scheduled for this afternoon.  We are having a games afternoon, followed up by a covered dish dinner.  I'm sure the men will probably play Texas Holdem, but I'm not sure what the woman will play.  I'm going to take my game, 20Q along, so perhaps we'll play that for a while.  Of course, at the covered dish supper there will be plenty of food, just as always.  Men usually aren't invited to attend Red Hat functions, but in our case, I do permit it.  You see, we are all scattered over the Susquehanna Valley and because most of us are up in age, I prefer it the husbands drive their wives to some of the activities.  It's been working out quite nicely, and I believe the gents enjoy themselves as much as we do. 

This will be a short post today, as I have a few things to do before the afternoon's event.  I do hope that each of you will try very hard to do something fun, just for yourself.  Taking time for you, is very important.  It will, in no way, distract from family time, so just do it!

I'm getting close to finishing my manuscript for "White to Black".  Of course, I'm not even close to having it ready for publication, but soon.  I have to find another hand embroidery project to keep my self busy when I'm sitting watching television.  Any ideas for me?

Well, whatever this beautiful weekend has in store for you, enjoy it and stay safe.
Sue

No comments: