Wednesday, July 23, 2014

It's steamy out there!

Hi all,

I hope that if you live along the Eastern side of the United States, that you are not working outside today.  If you are, keep drinking plenty of water.  I watched the news at lunch time and the temperatures with the heat index was already in the nineties. 

My husband and his boss went golfing this morning, but they started around six am, which was a good thing, because they aren't youngsters any more.  I am so glad that my husband gets to golf as much as he does.  I know how very much he loves golfing.  He told me that his boss asked him if he would want to play in a golf tournament this Saturday.  I'm happy that he'll get to do what he loves, twice this week.

As for me, with the weather like it is currently, I will be remaining in the house until it cools down and the humidity comes back down.  With my heart disease, I simply can not breath when the weather is like this.  I will be going to the grocery store tomorrow morning, but I'll try to get there before ten o'clock.  Hopefully, my husband will be able to go with me.  It always helps when he can load the groceries into the car for me.

Well, today I finished my manuscript entitled:  White to Black:  With Many Shades in Between.  It's a rewrite of my memoirs.  I've changed some things, let some other things out and continued it through the last eight years.  I then started proof reading it, but I only got to about page 30.  I'm not in any real hurry to finish it.  I'll just take my time so I get it right.

I hope to soon be able to work on some more poetry.  I have now entered the "Story in a Poem" contest on Fanstory.com.  I don't really have any hope of winning, but I need the experience of entering contests.  It was free to apply, so I have absolutely nothing to loose.  I find that I am truly enjoying writing poetry.  I thought that perhaps when I've finished with my current book, and if I can write about twenty five or more poems, perhaps I'll consider putting them in a book for electronic reading.  I find that the easiest poems to write are those about real life experiences;  Poems that come from the heart.  They seem to flow more easily for me. 

Can you believe that summer is over half way gone.  I understand that many of the schools around here, will be opening around the 20th of August.  Perhaps they're building more snow days into their schedules, since we had so many snowy days this past winter, that most of the schools were always closing.  I'm sure the children didn't mind it, at that time, but when they had to extend the school year until almost the middle of June, they weren't at all happy.  Time will tell, now won't it!

I do hope that you all are using your creative abilities, and I know you do have some, because we all have been given creative abilities.  So many people just choose not to use them.  There are so many ways you can be creative, even at your job.  Expanding your knowledge will allow you to be creative.  Come on, you can think of something to do to be creative, if you try.

I have a need to find a way to "pay it forward" by doing something kind for a family I know, who are going through a very hard time right now.  Any suggestions?   I have a few now, but haven't decided on any one thing in particular, as of yet.

Well, as you all know, today is 'hump day.'  Starting tomorrow morning, you will be on the down side of the work week.  So, that's a great thing.  Just hang in there, do your job to the best of your ability and good things will come your way. 

I want to let all of you know that both my grandson and my daughter are doing so much better now.  My grandson is still healing, but he should be back to normal (what ever that is) and ready to start his Junior year in high school, next month.  As for my daughter, the disease she had, which is in the Vertigo family, has now passed.  She saw a cardiologist this week, and he feels the PVC's were made worse by the disease.  No medication for the time being, but if they continue to be so frequent, she will have to be put on medication.  She is very weak but can now start trying to build herself back up, slowly.  She and her family were on vacation last week and they all had a wonderful time.  So, I want to thank you for any prayers you've offered up for the both of them. 

Here's a photograph of last evenings dessert.  It's a Tastefully Simple mix.

Each mini muffin has chocolate chips in them and they are topped with caramel and a walnut.

 I wish you a great day and good things for the approaching weekend.  Be safe always.
Susan

No comments: