Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"Where's that camel?"

Hi all,

Of course you all know by the title that today is hump day.  It doesn't truly make any difference to me, but I know that it does to many of you.  So, cheer up because starting tomorrow you're on the downward side of the work week.  So smile!

I have to say that the weather here in York, Pa, for the past two days has been marvelous.  I heard on the news at lunch time today, that our temperature went down to 48 degrees over night.  I'm loving that!  I also heard that starting tomorrow the temperatures are to start going up to more seasonal degrees.  Ugh!  I know that it's still July, but I'm ready for some fall temperatures and for the humidity to leave us until next summer.

What have you been up to lately?  I finished the first proofing on my current novel, "White to Black - With Many Shades in Between."  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to start on the second read through.  I really not in any huge hurry, but I'd like to have it ready for publication by the end of August.  If not, then by the end of September. 

My current hand embroidery project is Christmas gift bags.  I'm going to start with eight of them, but perhaps I'll make a few more later on.  I like putting gifts in handmade felt bags.  That way, they can re-gift them with their own presents for someone else.  Here's a photograph of some of them.


Well, besides it being "Hump Day," it's my husband's Bingo night.  I'm not sure if he's planning on going, but I hope he does.  He enjoys playing Bingo so much and he usually always wins at least one pot.  He told me last night, that he didn't know how tired he'd be this evening.  I'm sure he'll wake up after he gets there.  Oh well, it's entirely up to him whether he wants to go or not.  My evening will still be the same:  Sitting on the sofa with my feet up.

Well, my family is now almost back to good health, once again.  I hope it stays that way.  My Grandson is still in the recovery process, but he'll soon be back to almost normal.  I'm happy for him, because he missed at least half of the summer.  As for my oldest daughter, the disease she had, has now subsided and I pray it stays away.  Today was the first day that she returned to the gym, since late April.  She took things slow, but said it went fairly well.  She still has the PVC's but hopefully, they'll subside since the stress of the disease is now behind her.  At least, I pray that she gets back to being healthy once again. 

My husband took me to OSS Urgent Care on Monday morning.  I've been having some pain in my right hip area, at the very top and sometimes, moving down along the bone.  They took xrays but I was told that he didn't see any splinters or breaks.  He thinks that I pulled some muscles, which are attached at the top of the hip bone.  He signed me up for some therapy.  I was told to continue taking the Ibuprofen, which helps.  He also gave me a prescription for a pain killer.  Well, Monday evening I took one of the pain pills before going to bed.  I won't do that gain.  The next morning, I was not feeling well at all.  I went back to bed and never got dressed until almost lunch time.  The thing was, that I really didn't sleep any better than when I take two Tylenol PM tablets.  So, that's what I took last evening before bed.  I sleep quite well and had no problems this morning. So far, so good.  I started using ice packs on my hip, yesterday, and am continuing today.  They seem to help.

I hope you are finding the time to do something creative in your life.  And, to set some time aside just for yourself, no kids and no spouse.  We all need fifteen to thirty minutes of quiet time each day just for ourselves.  If you don't take care of yourself, how will you be able to take care of your family?

Be safe and God bless.
Susan

No comments: