Saturday, December 13, 2014

Can You Believe It?

HI all,

Can you believe that Christmas will soon be here?  It's coming very, very fast now.  I am very happy to say that I'm almost ready.  I have a few last-minute things to do and preparations for Christmas Eve supper.  I have to tell you that I do not feel rushed or stressed, and that's a very good thing.

My sister, Carol, is visiting from North Carolina and has now decided to stay through Christmas.  That's makes me so happy.  I'll get a few more times to visit with her before she returns back home after Christmas.  She's going to celebrate Christmas with her son and his family when she gets back home.  I can truly say that I am enjoying having her close by.  We always seem to have so much to talk about.  She comes in to visit me two or three times a week.  We've always been very close, so I do miss her when she's back home.

So, how about you?  Are you ready for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?  If not, I would suggest that you get moving on your errands.  You don't want to be stressed and anxious on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, now do you?  Perhaps you should try to start earlier next year and see how much easier it is on you and your family.

I've already decided on what I'm going to be giving to my Red Hat ladies for next Christmas.  I like hand-embroidering things for them.  I hope they like the gifts because I try to make things for them that I think you'll appreciate.  Their gifts will keep me busy for a month or two.  I'm not going to hurry to complete them, but I am going to start on them soon, probably this evening while I watch television.

Even if you have very little money, you can always find a small favor to do for a neighbor or a friend.  Perhaps you could prepare some cookies and share a plate full with a shut-in.  I'm sure they would so appreciate some home baked cookies or whatever you make for them.  Sometimes, just a smile and asking how someone else is doing, will be the best thing that happens to them that entire day.  It isn't about the money or gifts!  It's about showing a kindness to someone else who least expects it.  Give it a try, I promise you they will not be the only ones who feel good, you will also.

I finished my "Soothing Poems from the Heart" book.  It is now available on Amazon.  It is my first book of poems and I am very proud of it.  You can check it out by going to:  www.amazon.com .  Then enter my full name into the search box and click.  All of my books and booklets will come up for your perusal.  Did you know that you can read electronic books on almost any electronic device.  You will have to download the app from amazon.  Books make great Christmas gifts and the electronic ones are pretty cheap, too.  Also, you can just borrow books that are entered in the program.  Check it out!





Well, you have one more weekend before the big day.  Try not to stress too much and always be thankful for what you do have.  Be safe and God bless each of you.
Susan







No comments: