Friday, December 26, 2014

Happy Day After Christmas!

Good evening,
I hope you all had a wonderful and fun Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  I will tell you that I certainly did, even though I was exhausted today.  Of course I did go to the grocery store this morning, which greatly tires me out at any time of year.

Well, now I suppose you're all looking forward to New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.  We really don't do anything special on either day.  We are going out for an early dinner on New Year's Eve, but will stay home on New Year's Day.  Of course, we will have pork and sauerkraut for dinner that evening.  It's a tradition in this household and we both love sauerkraut, which is actually good for us.

Whatever your plans are, please don't drink and drive.  Going out and celebrating on New Year's Eve is wonderful but if you're going to be doing any drinking, please either get a cab or have a designated driver for the drive home.  As for me, I will be in bed long before the clock strikes twelve midnight.  Most times my husband stays up but as soon as the new years comes in, he goes to bed.  Many times, I am awoken by the sound of fireworks, but go right back to sleep.  I just need nine to ten hours of sleep every day.  I can go for about two days without that much sleep, but then it starts to catch up with me and I'm dragging my feet all day.

I want to take time to wish all of you good wishes, health, love and many blessings for 2015.  Unfortunately, life sometimes doesn't happen that way, so whatever happens, please try to accept whatever comes your way.  An easy way to help you to do this is to live every day of your life with gratitude and acceptance to God.  I can promise you that it helps so much in learning to accept whatever occurs in your life. 

I'm not sure what my first project for 2015 will be.  I was just thinking this afternoon about possibly writing another book of poems.  I truly enjoyed composing the first book.  I do need to soon get started on my hand made greeting cards for 2015.  February and Valentine's Day will arrive very fast and my first family birthday is in April.  It takes me quite a lot of time creating the cards for my family and I love doing them.  I haven't really given any thought into if I want to add another novel to my series.  I'll have to think some on that subject. 

Do you have any plans for early in 2015?  It's never too early to start planning something constructive to do in your spare time.  Take some time and think about it, you just may surprise yourself with what you decide you'd like to do. 

My book of poems, "My Soothing Poems from the Heart" is available at amazon. com; as well as all of my books and booklets.  Please take some time and check them out.  Just enter my full name in the search block and click.  All of my materials will come up for your perusal.  Perhaps you'd like to join their borrowing program.

Have a safe weekend and drive carefully.
Susan

No comments: