Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Eight Days Remain!

Hi all,

I'm sure you all know what my title is referring to:  Eight days until Christmas!  Yeah!  I can't tell you how much I love this season of Christmas.  I find that so many people are much kinder, friendly, caring and loving during the Christmas Season.  Perhaps knowing that we are soon to, once again, celebrate the coming of our Savior into our lives. 

Have you ever stopped to think about how hard it must have been for Mary and Joseph to see all the pain their beloved Jesus had to go through?  Ending with His death on the cross.  I have sat and tried to imagine just how hard that was for Mary.  I am a Mom also, and I can't even imagine the pain and sorrow she went through during that time. 

How about the fact that God, in His glory, let His only begotten Son be born, only to die on a cross at an early age.  Do you know why god permitted this to happen?  If not, I'll tell you why.  It was to save all of us from the death of sin on our souls. 

I welcome the baby Jesus, once again this Christmas Day.  I'm not going to say that I don't buy or make gifts for my family during Christmas, because I certainly do.  It gives me such pleasure to give them something that, perhaps they couldn't afford on their own.  My husband, daughters, sons-in-law and grandsons are the most important people in my life.  God has so blessed me with a wonderful, loving family and I thank Him every day.  I have been truly blessed in so many ways.

What do you do to celebrate Christmas?  Do you and your family do the gift exchange?  Remember, it's not how much you spend on them, it's the fact that you love them and what to make them happy.  I understand that a child may not completely understand the true meaning of Christmas on their own, but it's up to you to share with them why we celebrate Christmas. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the tales of Santa Claus, the reindeer and his bottomless bag of gifts.  It's the reason why Santa comes to visit children on Christmas, that's so important.  To me, Santa is a mystical spirit, and I believe that every child should experience the delight and wonders of Santa Claus, just the way I did as a child.  Santa Claus is all about love, happiness, sharing, caring, giving and mercy.  Please don't take that away from children.  I still believe in that delightful old man in a red suit, with a white beard and hair.  He brings joy to all of us, in one way or another.

You still have time to find the love deep in your heart for this spiritual and magical season.   Miracles happen every day in some one's life.  Perhaps now it's your turn for a miracle.  Open yourself up to human angels.  They do walk here on this earth.  I know because I've had visits from human angels, who have changed my life for the good.  Just open yourself up to the fact that God works in mysterious ways, always. 

I hope the rest of your week goes well for you.  Try not to stress out, if that's possible. 
PS:  My book of poems, "My Soothing poems from the Heart" is now available at www.amazon.com.  You can purchase it for electronic reading for any electronic device, or you can join the Kindle Lending Program and just borrow it.  Just enter my full name into the search block and click.  All of my books and booklets will come up for your perusal.

Take care and stay safe.
Susan











No comments: