Thursday, December 4, 2014

What fun!

Hi all,

Today was a very special day for me, as I hosted a Christmas Cookie Exchange for my Red Hat ladies.  All but one of them were able to attend.  I prepared a light lunch of chicken salad on lettuce,  a dill pickle and a deviled egg on the side.  I used my antique china because I made two pots of tea for us to share and I just had to use my tea cups.  For dessert we each had one of the cookies each one of us made for the exchange.  That made eight cookies per lady.  Way too many for us to eat for dessert, so I gave each one a baggie to take them home with them.  We each brought 1/2 dozen cookies in containers for each lady to take home with her.  We've done this for a few years now and I do hope all the ladies enjoy it.  I know I do.  I was quite tired after cleaning everything up, but I do so enjoy spending time with these ladies.  We also will be getting together this weekend for our Red Hat   Christmas Party.  We exchange small gifts with the ladies and usually have some small goodies or whatever for each of the husbands.

Have you, or will you, be attending any Christmas parties with friends, co-workers or family members?  The month of December is usually a busy month for most people because of all the shopping, preparations, last minute details and get-to-gathers with family and friends.  That's why I like to have everything done by around the 10th of the month.  I am now finished with all my shopping and wrapping and that makes me happy. 

Since I became chronically ill, almost nine years ago, I can't run around all the time doing things.  I have a little energy in the mornings, but it wanes soon after lunch.  It is hard for me to entertain anymore, but I am not ready to give up hosting Christmas Eve for my daughters and their families.  I suppose as my heart gets worse, I will have to turn the tradition over to one of my daughters.  I hate even thinking about not having it in our home. 

Traditions are so important to me.  My parents felt that way, also.  I guess that's why I feel the way I do about keeping traditions in tact.  I found out, a few years ago, that my Grandsons also feel that way about our traditions and that made me so very happy.  One day it will be up to them to carry on some of the traditions that were started many years ago.  I hope they will, but I also hope they'll start some of their own traditions. 

Well, I'm going to close for now, as I'm quite tired this evening.  How about you?  Did you have a busy day today?  I'm sure for many of you, your evening will be just as busy.  Take care and be safe.
Susan

Here's a photo of a Christmas pillow I made a few years ago.  Hope you like it.















No comments: