Tuesday, December 30, 2014

What Resolutions for 2015 are you making?

Hi all,

Well, you need to get ready, because 2015 is right around the corner!  Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and then we will usher in January 1, 2015.  Are you ready for it?  Not that it makes any difference if you are or not. 

Have you given any thoughts to making any resolutions for the new year?  I'm sure many people make resolutions and within two to three weeks, they can't keep them.  I know a lot of folks commit themselves to losing weight and getting healthier.  Some succeed, others don't.  They either give up or don't have the will power to continue. 

As for me, I don't really have any resolutions.  Instead I'm going to continue giving thanks to God for all the blessings He's bestowed upon me.  For the past nine years, I've maintained my weight, mostly for medical reasons.  I have chronic Congestive Heart Failure and it's important for my heart to keep my weight down.  So, since being alive is very important to me, I work hard at keeping my weight the same.  I'm proud of myself for doing this, even though I really can't do any exercising or walking.  Mostly I watch what I eat and try to eat healthy foods and foods high in fiber.  Oh, sometimes, I enjoy some chocolate candy or peanut butter cups, but I don't over do it. 

I am also thankful for all my creative abilities.  I can't do the crafting that I used to do, but I am grateful for what I can still do.  I honestly have to tell you, that if I wasn't able to write or make hand made greeting cards, I'd be so lost.  It would be very hard for me to make resolutions because my life is very sedentary and has been for almost nine years now.  I'm not complaining, not at all.  I've accepted my life as it is and I am just thankful that I'm still living. 

So, if you have no resolutions to make, for one reason or another, perhaps you can just give thanks to God for all you do have in your life.  Regardless if it's a roof over your head, a decent job, a faithful spouse, growing children and an extended family that you love.  Maybe your resolution could be to thank God for all these things more often.  I promise you that someone else is far worse off than you are in every aspect of living. 

Make a promise to yourself to tell each and every person that you love, how much they mean to you and how very much you love them for being in your life.  We all take so very much for granted, always!  That's so sad, to say the least.  Believe me when I tell you that your entire life can change in a split second!  Please don't just assume that your life will always be happy and wonderful, because bad things happen to everyone. 

I want to take this time to wish each and every one of you a very happy New Year of 2015.  I hope each of you have many blessings and good things happening to you this year.  You may not have a job that you love, but it's a job and it pays the bills.  You may not have a fancy house and car, but having a place to call home and a car that runs, is what's most important.  You may not have an over abundance of money, but having enough to buy food and pay the bills is a blessing.  Learn to be satisfied and happy with what you do have and stop worrying about what you don't have.  If you have your health, you are truly blessed! 

Happy New Year and may God bless you always.
Susan

 God's beauty is everywhere.  Stop and look around you, look up to the sky and you will be amazed.
PS:  Keep checking out my blog to see what creative projects I'll be doing in the new year.


No comments: