Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's now December!

Hi everyone!

I do hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and that you spent it with people you love and respect.  Ours was very nice and it was family and friends.

Well, it's now December and Christmas is coming very soon.  I'm sure I share with all of you before, how much I love the Christmas Season.  I believe many people are more caring, thoughtful and generous during this time of the year, than during any other time.  Actually, that's it's too bad that people can't be like this all year round, but at least we have it during the Christmas Season.l

I'm all done with my shopping and almost done with the wrapping.  Next week, I need to start my candy making and then the following week, I need to bake some cookies.  Since I suffer from a chronic illness, I have to pace myself and plan well in advance.  That way, I'm not over doing it or getting frustrated with things. 

Here's a picture of my Christmas tree.  It's about seven feet tall, but a bit skinny.  Our living room is quite large, but we liked this tree so that's what we use.  All the balls on the tree are very old ones, that came from my parents.  I like knowing that a little part of them is with us each holiday season.  They both passed away many years ago, but I think of them very often.




What would like for Christmas?  Anything special?  There's nothing particular that I want, but I would like a laptop that is lighter than the one I now have.  It's about five years old, and I don't have any problems with the age, it's just that it's a bit heavy for me to carry.  But, I'm not complaining, not at all.  I'm just grateful that I have the one I do. 

The best part of Christmas for me, is seeing the happiness on my families faces when they open their gifts from us.  We don't go overboard, but my girls were raised to appreciate any gift they're given.  Making my family happy at Christmas time is what makes Christmas my favorite time of the year.  I do hope that all of my Grandsons will be able to join us on Christmas Eve for dinner and family time.  One or two of them may have to work.  I just hate that idea! 

It's been a tradition, since my folks both passed away, for my daughters, sons-in-laws and grandsons to come to our home on Christmas Eve.  We all share a dinner and then have some fun time before doing the gift exchange.  I'm going to repeat something I did last year, which everyone enjoyed.  I am going to have all the girls sing the song, "Santa Baby", using props.  Then the grandsons will sing a song, followed by a song from the gents. 

When my grandsons were little, I always had a new Christmas picture books to read to them every Christmas Eve.  I also made three wise men costumes, three shepherd's costumes and one angel costume.  They took turns being the angel.  I had battery operated candles for them to carry and they'd parade out the back door into the alley and go around to the front porch, where we had a large nativity set up.  All of the adults would be there and then we'd sing Christmas carols on the porch.  People would stop as they were driving by to watch.  The boys loved doing this so much and so did I!
Now, they're all grown up and I needed to make new memories for all of them.  I miss those times though.  Where have the years gone to??

Well, I do hope you all have a good evening.  Be safe and may God bless you always.
Susan















No comments: