Thursday, March 17, 2022

Thursday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Thursday, March 17  Do Not Fear; I Am with You Only a Mortal Sin     June [ July] 15,'37. Once, I learned that I was to be transferred to another house. My knowledge of this was purely interior. At the same time, I heard a voice in my soul: Do not be afraid, My daughter; it is My will that you should remain here. Human plans will be thwarted, since they must conform to My will (Diary, 1180).

When I was close to the Lord, He said to me, Why are you afraid to begin the work which I have commanded you to carry out? I answered, "Why do You leave me on my own at such times, Jesus, and why do I not feel Your presence?" My daughter, even though you do not perceive Me in the most secret depths of your heart, you still cannot say that I am not there. ...

My daughter, know without doubt, and once and for all, that only mortal sin drives Me out of a soul, and nothing else (Diary, 1181).

My Prayer Response:

Lord Jesus, may I always be faithful to Your will, even when I am not aware of Your presence. Protect me from mortal sin that would drive You out!

No comments: