Monday, July 15, 2013

Fry eggs on the sidewalk!

Hi all,

How is everyone doing today?  I do hope you are staying out of the intense heat and humidity that today has brought.  Apparently, it will be with us for the next six days.  Then we're to have a slight break in the weather, only being in the upper eighties instead of mid nineties.  The bad part is that it won't even cool off during the night.  I saw that it's only to go down to about 74 during the night time hours.  What's up with that?

Well, enough complaining about the weather!  Obviously, there' isnt' anything we can do to change it anyways.  What's on your schedule for this week.  For those of you still  working, I hope you get to do something fun in the evenings.  For the rest of you, what's on your agenda? 

As for me, I will be inside all week.  Today I had to visit York Endodontics about getting a root canal.  "Joy"  That will be on my schedule for next week.  I can't believe how much money this will cost me.  We have dental insurance, but they don't accept our insurance.  So, I assume I'll be paying it our of my pocket.  What do those people do who simply can't afford to have the work done?  I just can't imagine how it costs to much.

I also did two loads of laundry today.  Then this afternoon I got back to working on my current novel, "Train-Trekking" With A Capital "T".  I'm on page 78.  It's moving along nicely now.  I'm not pushing to get it finished by any particular date though.  Whenever it's complete, will be okay with me. 

How was your weekend?  Mine was spent indoors.  Yesterday, Sunday, I spent eight hours watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.  I just love the holiday movies.  They let me feeling so peaceful and full of joy.  On Saturday, my husband and I attended a graduation party for our Grandson, who just graduated from York Catholic High School.  I actually had two Grandsons graduate from there this year.  The other party was held at the end of May.  Both Grandsons will be soon heading off to college.  Yeah!  I'm so very proud of all six of my Grandsons.

I can't believe that today is the 15th of July already.  The summer is just flying by, don't you agree.  Before we know it, all the kids will be returning back to school.  Have you taken a vacation yet this summer?  Or, perhaps you will not be going on vacation this year. 

I remember, that as a child, we only could afford to go on vacation every few years.  By that, I mean every five or six years.  Money was extremely tight for my folks.  We, (my sister, brother and myself) received everything we needed, but not always what we wanted.  Which was a good lesson for us.  I think all children need to know that money doesn't grow on trees.  You have to work hard to get what you want.  If there was something special we wanted, we saved our allowance until we had enough to buy it.  Too bad that isn't the way it is much today anymore!

I hope you will make some time this week to do something creative.  Come on, don't tell me you are not a creative person, because we all have some creative abilities in us.  You just have to look deep inside yourself and let it flow.  You don't have to be extremely good at it, you just have to enjoy doing it.  Give it a try.

I hope your week is a good one and that you stay cool.
Susan

No comments: