Friday, July 12, 2013

The Weekend Is Upon Us, Once Again!

Hi all,

Well, I'm sure all you day workers out there are giving a big "Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" because it's now Friday and the work week is through.  I remember those days so well.  I can't say that I miss them, or working.  Of course, if I could trade my poor health for working again, perhaps I would do it. 

What does the weekend hold for you?  I'm sure many of you will be going to community or private pools, or perhaps, you have an in ground or above ground pool of your own.  When my daughters were children, we joined a local pool.  Many of our friends were members there, also.  If was very nice, although I really didn't get in the pool very often.  The girls enjoyed the swimming and playing with their friends, while I enjoyed catching up with my friends.  Those were some of the 'good old days'.  I really don't miss them, either.

I've been trying to do a little work on my novel each day.  Since I haven't felt very good since last Thursday, I didn't have the energy, some days, to think that much.  I am feeling much better and I will be seeing a dentist on Monday about my root canal.  I can't tell you how glad I'll be when it's over.  I still have the infection.  I know this, because I'm still swelled a bit, but all the pain is pretty much gone.  Give praise!

I have so many ideas for my novel, but they won't come until the trip actually starts, so I need to save them until then.  I enjoy writing so much, but I do my best work when it's nice and quiet in the room.  This isn't usually a problem, as I spend much of my days alone.  I enjoy the quiet time.  It allows me to think about my own thoughts.  Boy, sometimes that's scary!

What plans do you have for this weekend?  Tomorrow, my husband and I will be attending one of my Grandson's graduation party.  I'm hoping for a nice day.  Low humidity would be nice, but we will take whatever we get.  I can always stay inside at my daughters, since they have central air.  I'll just wait and see how the day turns out.  I'm sure most of the guests will be outside, as they have an in ground swimming pool.  They all enjoy it immensely. 

Well, what ever you will be doing over the next two days, I hope some of it is fun.  I just sort of take each day as they come, with no great expectations.  I did hear that the weekend was to be a bit cooler, that is, until Monday.  Then the heat and humidity will, once again return.  I can't wait!  (Sarcasm)

Stay safe and out of trouble.
Susan






No comments: