Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What next?

Hi all,

How is everyone doing today?  I definitely could be doing better, but I'm not complaining because I'm better than I was yesterday.  I went to see my dentist yesterday.  The bad news is that I will need a root canal.  Ugh!  I am not looking forward to that procedure.  I want to wait for a few days so my pain goes away from the infection.  It was not from sinus drainage.  I have a small abscess on the bottom on the root. 

I have to say that I really like my dentist.  His name is John Fisch and he's a very considerate and nice man to an old woman like me.  In case you didn't know, I have trouble controlling my 'gag' reflex.  It doesn't take much to set me to gagging.  I'm always apologizing to Dr. Fisch, as well as, his staff, and all they say is, "Stop apologizing, it's not your fault." 

The bottom line is that I don't like not being in control of my own body.  But, try as I have, I can't seem to find anything that works, except putting a big smile on your face, which is utterly impossible while someone has their fingers in your mouth!  Enough of my problems.

What have you all been up to?  I hope you all had a great holiday weekend over the 4th.  I sure was hot and humid in this part of the country.  How was it where you live?  It's still hot and humid here, but I really haven't been outside much.  I love the summer time, but I hate the intense heat and humidity.  I don't understand why we can't have normal springs and falls like we used to.  It seems like we go more directly from winter into summer and from summer into winter.  I want my spring and fall back again!  How about you?

I haven't done any writing for the last few days, well, since I got sick.  I hope I'll soon feel up to getting back into my newest novel, "Train-Trekking" With A Capital "T".  I woke up from my nap today and my mind was wandering about a plot for the book.  I guess I need to either write these new ideas down or get them typed up, and soon.

Have you done anything creative lately?  Oh no, don't automatically say, "No."  There are so many ways to be creative that I'm sure you've been expressing your talents in many different ways, even if you're not aware of it.  Come on, get started.  Summer's a wasting.

Take care and be safe.
Susan

No comments: