Friday, July 5, 2013

I don't know what else to do!!


Hi all,

How are all of you doing this Friday evening?  I'm do okay, all except for this constant sinus/allergy problem.  It's been going on since last October and I'm so sick and tired of it.  I think the drainage has now settled in the roots of one of my teeth and I keep having pain.  Just what I need!  I've had this happen before, but I don't remember how long it lasted.  Any thoughts?

Sorry, I promise not to make this a 'complaining' blog.  I know that in the scheme of things, I have been very blessed that I haven't had much pain from anything. 

How's the weather where you are?  I'm definitely not liking it here.  It's been in the low nineties with very high humidity.  If you haven't guessed what that means for me, I'll tell you.  It means that I'm stuck inside all day.  I was outside late this afternoon for a short period of time and I started having a hard time breathing.  So, you guessed it, back indoors I went.  I'm really not complaining.  I feel blessed that we have central air conditioning.  I honestly don't know what I'd do if we didn't.  I suppose I be stuck in my bedroom twenty-four seven.  Ugh!

I haven't done any writing for the last few days.  I hope I can get back to my novel either tonight or definitely tomorrow.  I really need to be by myself when I work on my novel.  It's hard to write when there are a lot of distractions all around you.  I really need to be alone with my own thoughts.  Heaven only knows, I am alone alot, so I can't use that as an excuse for not writing!

How was your 4th of July?  I do hope you all celebrated with either family or friends.  Or, perhaps you had just your immediate family with you.  As for us, we were invited by my daughter and her husband to come to their home for a celebration.  They have an inground pool, so many of their guests were in there alot.  As for me, I stayed outside as long as I could, and then had to go inside for awhile.  At least there was a nice breeze blowing at their home.  I was able to stay about two and one half hours, which was good for me.  But, I was bushed when I got home.  I suppose it was the combination of not resting with my feet up and the heat and humidity.   But, I did enjoy myself and I am glad we went.  My thanks to them both for their hospitality.

I find it so hard to believe that tomorrow will be the sixth of July already.  Before we know it, it will be time for the kids to return back to school.  Time goes by so quickly for me, just as I'm sure it does for many of you.  I turned sixty-five last month and I simply don't know where the years went.

I was telling my husband this morning, that my Mother has been gone seventeen years now and my Dad fourteen years.  Then we got talking about my Grandpa, who's been gone fifty one years and my Grandma, who died forty-four years ago.  My other Grandma died sixty-five years ago on my birthday.  Life passes so very quickly.  We just don't realize it until we become old, and perhaps ill.
Time really doesn't slow up then, but we have more time to look back and ask ourselves, "Where did all those years go?"

I hope you all enjoy the remainder of the weekend.  If you have an illness, effecting either your lungs or heart, please stay indoors.  Stay safe and have yourself some fun!
Susan

No comments: