Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'm on a run, now!

Hi all,

How's everyone doing this morning?  For those of you who are at work, I do hope you have a wonderfully uneventful day, with no problems.  And for those of you who are no longer working, I hope your day is a good one.  As for me, I already have my day planned.

Yesterday, I once again, got busy writing my newest novel.  I truly don't know what slump I was in, but I do hope I'm out of it now.  So, today my day will be spent working on my book.  It's entitled, "Train-Trekking" With a Capital "T".  Once again it will be about eight ladies and their marvelous husbands, who yearly go on a super terrific vacation.  Some times the guys join their wives and some times they don't, but this year they are being invited to accompany their wives on a splendid train trip across the United States of America. 

There will be quite a few surprise happenings along the way, as well as, a mystery for them to solve.  That is, if they can and if they believe in the supernatural!  These eight ladies just love adventure and they marvel at a great mystery.  So, I'm sure they'll jump right into this one with both feet. 

I'm getting excited, once again, about this novel.  These ladies often 'fly by the seat of their pants', which is something older women don't usually do.  At least, this one doesn't, but then given my illness and my sedentary life style, I guess that's not surprising.  I suppose you could say I'm living precariously through my character (Sadie) in my novels.  By the way, she's an accomplished, well-known author, with novels on the best seller list. 

Don't get me wrong, I basically have no aspirations of becoming a great published writer or to make thousands of dollars on my books.  I just love to share my creative abilities with a few people and it's the only way I can give back to God for all His blessings.  I'm thrilled if even one person purchases any of my books and enjoys it. 

If you are interested in checking my books out, you can go to www.amazon.com and insert my name Susan Lapp Mellott in the search block and all thirteen of them will come up.  Also, I have a 'page' here on my blog for most of them.  So, you can check them out there, as well.

It's still early in the week, but I hope your week is going well, so far.  Please don't forget to take time out of your busy schedule to do something special just for yourself.  Even if it's just one hour sitting quietly by the pool, or an extra hour of sleep for yourself.  We all need a little pampering once and a while, especially when it comes from yourself.  Think good thoughts and let all the negative ones blow away with the wind!  Be happy!  Remember that happiness  comes from the inside, not from things and people around us.  Look deep into yourself and let that child inside you come to the surface once and awhile.  Remember how easy it was to be happy as a child?  We may be adults now, but that innocent child is still inside of us.  Let him/her be happy just being them. 

Take care and God bless you!
Susan

No comments: