Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Have you tried anything new lately?

Hi all,

Today's September 24th already.  Before we know it, it will be October.  The leaves will all be falling off the trees, the grass will stop growing and be turning brown, and winter will be blowing in with full force!  Yuck!!!!  The good thing is that it won't happen for a couple of weeks yet, so don't yell at me to be quiet.

What I hate about the winter is that there are no beautiful colors decorating this earth.  Everything is brown and baron.  Well, except when it snows.  Then everything turns beautifully white and as the sun shines on the snow it sparkles brightly.  It's beautiful!

To address the title of today's blog, I was wandering if you've tried doing anything new and creative lately?  With winter coming, it will eliminate many of the outside activities for most of us.  Perhaps you could try learning to knit, crochet, sew, draw, write, woodworking, refinishing wooden pieces, etc.  There simply is so many different things one can do over the winter months.  How about getting out an old fashioned puzzle and letting it become a family activity.

First, I would suggest that before you start anything new, educate yourself on the proper way to do that activity.  There are many free webinars on the Internet you could take.  Also, there are many classes offered both on the Internet and in local schools where you can learn a new activity. 

There's always something new to be learned!  My Mother used to say, "If you're going to do something, do it right!"  That means to do it to the  best of your ability.  It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be the best you can.  I promise you, that will be good enough!

As for me, I'm still writing and I'll continue doing it as long as God lets me live.  I do not write for other people, I write for myself.  I've been working on my current novel and I will soon be completing it.  Then the proof-reading will commence.  That's the part I hate.  It's extremely hard to proof read a manuscript because I start out reading each word, but end up scanning the page.  It just happens without me realizing it.

While I was in Ocean City I took many, many photos of the ocean and the sky.  At some point, I would like to sketch or paint some of them.  I also love using chalks to create paintings.  Hopefully, this winter I will get that chance.  At least, I'm going to try to make the time. 

My new novel is called, "Train-Trekking" With A Capital "T" and I hope to have it published by the end of the year.  It will be available then, for electronic reading (Kindle, PC, laptop, tablet, Ipad, Ipod, cell phone, etc.) at www.amazon.com

The first in this series is called:  "Sassy" With a Capital "S"
The second in the series is called:  "Crafty-Cruise" With A Capital "C"
They are both available on Amazon for the above electronic readers.  Once you pull up Amazon, enter my full name into the search space and click to search.  All thirteen of my books will come up.  Some of the other ones are adult short stories and the rest are children's books.  I hope you'll check them out, either for yourself or for your child or grandchildren.

If you haven't checked out the borrowing program on Amazon, please check it out.  It will allow you to just borrow the book instead of purchasing it.  Check it out!

I hope your day is going well.  Tomorrow, as you all know, is "hump" day.  I hope you'll get some time to make quality time for you and your family.  That's so very important for the family unit.  I realize that today, time is not always available for families to spend time alone.  But, please try to make this a top priority, because it's so very important to all of us.

Have a great day and stay safe always!  Please pray for peace in this world!
Susan

No comments: