Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wonderful! Wonderful!

Hi all,

How's your week going?  What I think is wonderful, is the change in the weather.  I wish it would stay this way.  I really like it when I have to put a light sweater on in the morning and evenings, but not throughout the day. 

I'm sure all of you who are working full time jobs, are very happy that this is a short week, being Monday was a holiday.  It's too bad every week isn't a four day week, but then, although we'd like only working four days a week, we like the pay for a five day week. 

I know that when you're younger and raising a family, it seems like you'll never be old enough to retire.  Everyone builds up those years as the Golden Years.  Well, I'm here to tell you that they're not all so golden.  Along with getting older and becoming a senior citizen, the body starts breaking down.  Your health suffers many illnesses and most times, it's quite serious.  I realize that people are living longer than ever these days, but that doesn't stop the body from becoming very frail.  Even your teeth start breaking, cracking, need to be pulled, and so on. 

I've spent approximately $2000. on my mouth in the last two years.  Tell me, what about that makes my age the 'golden years?'  As far as I can see, absolutely nothing!  Then of course, it's all the things that go wrong with your health:  you get arthritis and you can't move very well anymore, not to mention all the pain, you need replacement knees, shoulders, hips, etc., you get diabetes, heart disease, lung problems, etc.  I could go on and on...  I truly believe that the only thing that classifies as the golden years, is that hopefully you don't sweat the small things anymore.

At least, I don't!  I simply don't care if my house is a bit dusty, if there's a bit of dirt on the floor, if I choose to eat cereal for dinner, what I wear (as long as I'm clean and tidy), if I go without makeup (who really cares, anyways), if I don't run with the crowd anymore, etc.  I don't worry about all the small stuff anymore.  It's just not worth it.  Why would I want to spend precious hours of my day, worrying about whether this person or that person likes me, whether someone will think my shoes are old, whether I'm dressed nicely to run to the store, and on and on...

When I was much younger and in good health, I did worry about all of the above.  I used to worry about what other people thought of me, but I really don't care anymore.  If someone doesn't like me because of the clothes I wear, my house isn't spotless, I can't attend a lot of activities, etc, then they truly are not my friends.  I now live every day of my life, one day at a time.  I've completely accepted my life and my health the way it is.  There's nothing I can do to change things, so why waste my time every day, worrying and depressing myself about things I can't change. 

I choose to live every day giving Gratitude and Acceptance to God.  I've embraced all my health problems, and I am extremely proactive about my own body.  No-one and I mean, no one, talks me into doing something or makes me feel guilty about not doing something, anymore.

I know what my body's requirements are and I choose life, for as long as God allows me to remain here on this earth.  So what if my ability to run around, go here and there all the time, do evening activities, and the like, doesn't allow me to do those things anymore.  I'm still alive!  I still wake up every morning and have another chance to love my family, extended family and friends.  I have another day to give praise to God.  There is nothing else I need! 

Well, to change the subject, what's up for your weekend?  Now that the pools are closed and school's back in session, things will be different.  Whatever you do, I hope you have some fun and stay safe.
Susan

No comments: