Monday, September 9, 2013

What a beautiful morning it is!

Hi all,

Well, it's good old Monday morning, once again.  That means back to work for a lot of you and for the rest of you, I'm sure if you're like me, you have your usual routine.  I'm doing some laundry right now, which is a Monday monring chore, always. 

How was your weekend?  Mine was great.  Did you get to accomplish anything special?  I didn't, I'm sorry to say.  But, starting today, it's going to be different.  I don't believe in wasting a single day of my life.  One never knows how long or short one's life will be, now does one?  So, try not to waste your's. 

I don't have a bucket list, but I do have goals for myself.  I firmly believe that we all should have some goals set for ourselves.  I know that when you're still raising children, it's harder to achieve those goals, but make them anyways.  On of my goals is to complete my third adult novel by the end of the year.  Time's a slipping away!  I need to get a move on if I'm going to meet that goal.

I believe that as we get older, we need to have some goals so that we allow our brains to continue functioning properly.  We older folks, often fall into a habit of not working our brains.  We really can not allow that to happen.  It's so important for us to work the brain so it continues to function in its fullest capacity. 

Okay, you say, how can I do that?  Well, one way is to work a part time job.  Working even fifteen hours a week, keeps the brain on a schedule.  Your memory has to support your job.  If you really don't want to work, then you need to do something.  How about getting a crossword puzzle book, or any other memory game book.  That definately will help to keep your brain active.  Or, get out those oldies but goodies and play them often.  Make yourself sing along with the artist, making sure you are singing the correct words.  That, too, will enhance your brain. 

Another way would be to do something artistic:  write, draw, paint, bake, cook, plant a garden, anything at all!   How about purposly helping your children every day with their homework.  Not just for their sakes, but for your brain.  It's important that you remember those things you learned in school.  How about watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy on television every week night.  That will surely spur your brain on to being healthy. 

Okay, that's enough of a lecture from me.  I hope your day goes well, and you stay safe.
Susan

No comments: