Thursday, September 12, 2013

What's your choice to do to enjoy yourself?


Hi all,



This would be my idea of happiness and enjoying myself!  I love to be able to sit and watch the sky out over the ocean, just as dusk is starting to occur.  The sky presents itself in so much splendor.  I look out over the ocean and I see God everywhere!  His beauty surrounds me.  How could I possibly ask to have more happiness than that?  I simply couldn't!

There are so many little things that make me happy.  Waking up to a new day each morning brings pure joy to my life.  Before I became chronically ill, I took pleasure in the big things:  spending time with my entire family, going to parties with all my friends, going to the movies, going on picnics, going on trips with a lot of sightseeing, shopping, and so much more.

Now, the things that bring me joy are the simple things:  spending time with my husband, even if it is only sitting and watching television, talking to my daughters on the telephone, occasionally getting to visit with my friends, having a small dish of ice cream for dessert, all of these and many, many more little things.  Especially looking up at the sky.  Why is it that we never notice all the beauty right up there, every single day for us to see.  We let ourselves become so preoccupied with things, that we just never take the time to stop and look up!  God gave all this to us and we rarely ever notice it.  Why is it that we obsess over jobs, kids, friends, shopping, etc., but never stop to obsess over the beauty of this earth?  Hey, I was just as guilty as everyone else for the better part of my life. 

It's funny how once you're diagnosed with a chronic incurable illness, your whole life changes.  All those things that used to matter to you, simply don't matter anymore.  You look at life so differently now, knowing that perhaps your life will be cut shorter than you thought.  You don't take things for granted anymore.  But mostly, you thank God every day for each day He allows to to wake up and live. 

My husband and I are in Ocean City right now.  We love coming down here.  He so enjoys the fishing and I enjoy doing whatever little things I do.  I'm still working on my current novel, which is the third in the series.  I'm already on page 405, so it's going to be a bit longer than the other two.  I enjoyed writing the first and second in the series, but I am enjoying this one so much more.  I've included some of the paranormal in it and I've always had a strong interest in those things.  Besides that, the group of friends are on a twenty five day trip across the US by train.  I can't wait for it to be complete. 

You can read any of the thirteen books I currently have available, by going to:  www.amazon.com and inserting my name (Susan Lapp Mellott) into the search space at the top of the page.  All thirteen of my books will be available for electronic reading on any electronic device, or for borrowing.  You will need to join the program in order to borrow books.  I hope you'll check them out.  I do still have about fifteen copies of:  "Crafty-Cruise" With A Capital "C" left for sale, if you're interested.  They are $11.00 each, plus shipping.  Just let me know and I'll mail a copy to you.

Writing allows me to give back to God for all the blessings He's bestowed upon me.  He has truly blessed me with great creative abilities all of my life and for that, I will always be so grateful.  Because of my health problems, I lead a sedentary lifestyle and so I am not able to do any type of volunteer work or any other type of work.  So, I do whatever I am able to do to praise God.  Thus, I write, draw, needle work, and many other things.  I am so truly blessed!

Have a great weekend and stay safe always.
Susan

No comments: