Friday, November 1, 2013

Once again, God is good!

Hi all,

The good news is that my husband, Gerry, will be discharged from the hospital today.  His blood count is once again, normal and the doctors are satisfied with his well being.  Hurrah!  The past four days have been tiring for me, but I know it was very hard on him.  I'm so happy he's healthy once again.  Thank you, Lord for sustaining him!

So, once again it's Friday and the start of another weekend.  I'm sure all of you are looking forward to the next two days of freedom from work.  Well, you may have to work around the house, but that's different from going to the eight to five job every day.  I hope you'll plan a block or two of time just for yourself this weekend.  Each of us deserve to do that and actually, it's something we need to do for ourselves.  So, please make time for yourself during the next two days!

Wow, the sun just peeked through the clouds, but has already gone back behind them once again.  It's been such a cloudy, dreary morning here in PA.  I woke up about 7:10 am and it was so dreary and cloudy that it looked dark outside yet.  I hate this kind of weather.  It simply makes me tireder than I already am.

Well, for an update on my newest novel, "Train-Trekking" With A Capital "T", I proofread it twice already and now one of my daughters is going to proof it for me during the next two weeks.  Then it's off to the printers.  I'll also be putting it in electronic form for amazon.com.   I'm getting anxious to see the printed copy.  I have the next two weeks to tweak the front cover and to make a back cover.  Hopefully, since my husband will be home, once again, I will have some time to work on the covers.  My goal is to have it finished in book form before Christmas. 

I already know what my next writing project will be, but I'm keeping it a secret for a little while.  I need to spend time on my hand-made Christmas cards.  I would like to have them finished before Thanksgiving, if possible.  I don't foresee any reason why I won't be able to accomplish that goal, but one just never knows what's going to happen.   I already have 57 completed, so I will need about 25 more.  Of course, I didn't get much done this week, what with spending time at the hospital with my hubby.  When I get them all completed, I'm going to take pictures of all of them so everyone can see them.  I hope you will enjoy looking at them.

I grocery shopped this morning and now I'm a bit tired out.  That always takes so much energy out of me.  Usually, my husband helps me by either, going with me or carrying the bags from the car into the house.  And, of course, today I had five bags full.  I still use the paper bags, not the plastic.

I hope all of you are in good health and that you all have a wonderful weekend with your families.   Please don't take your good health for granted.  It could change in a second.  Believe me, I know first hand how one's life can change forever in a short period of time.   God bless and keep each of you safe.
Susan


Here's a copy of the cover of my new novel.

No comments: