Thursday, November 7, 2013

All in good time!

Hi all,

How's everyone today?  I just realized that Thanksgiving is three weeks from today.  It's coming too fast!  My youngest daughter and my Son-in-law, will be hosting Thanksgiving supper.  They open their home to family and friends to celebrate the holiday.  We all bring a covered dish for the meal, while they furnish the turkey and stuffing.  As usual, there will be too much food and we'll all be really full after eating.  It's always so good to celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends.  I am always so thankful for my family and close friends.  What will you be thankful for this Thanksgiving?  You have three weeks to  be thinking about what you are truly thankful for always.

I still haven't started another writing project yet.  I've been spending all my free time trying to finish up my handmade Christmas cards.  I'll soon be finished, as I now have approximately 70 finished.  I love creating them, and I am so thankful for the creative abilities God has blessed me with all my life. 

I suppose that when I was younger, I just kind of took those creative abilities for granted.  That was very wrong of me.  They are a blessing from God.  It took my becoming chronically ill to stop and realize just how good God has been to me.  The fact that I'm still living is proof enough.  After being diagnosed in 2006 with Chronic Congestive Heart Failure, I realized just how close to dying I had been.  I also realized then that God had a plan for me.  I didn't know what it was then, but I later realized that He wanted me to give back for all His blessings on me.  So, I give back the only way I can, as I lead a very sedentary lifestyle.  I create!  I write and I make handmade greeting cards.  I also read every day. 

Hopefully I will soon get started on another writing project.  I'm pretty sure I know what it will be, but I'll decide for sure, later.  I'm getting very excited to soon be publishing my third novel in the series.  It's called, "Train-Trekking" With A Capital "T".  The first one was "Sassy" With A Capital "S" and the second was, "Crafty-Cruise" With A Capital "C".  If you haven't yet read the first two, you can read them for any electronic reader (laptop, PC, Ipad, Ipod, Kindle, Nook, etc.) by going to www.amazon.com.  Enter my name in the search square and all thirteen of my books or booklets will come up for your perusal.  You can also check out the pages for each book here on my blog.

Have you started any of your Christmas shopping as of yet?  I'm almost finished.  I like to be completely finished with my shopping and wrapping by the 10th of December.  I like to have plenty of time to just relax and enjoy the holidays.  I'm sure a lot of you are thinking:  I don't even want to think about Christmas yet!.  So, for all of you who think that way, Christmas is only 45 days away!!!

Tomorrow is Friday and the end of the work week for many of you.  I'm sure that makes you all very happy.  How well I remember those days... 

Have a great Thursday evening and remember to make time for yourself.  You deserve it!
Susan

No comments: