Sunday, November 10, 2013

What's up with you today?

Hi all,

How is everyone doing this afternoon?  So far today, I've watched a Christmas movie and now I'm watching my all time favorite movie.  That, of course, would be "Dirty Dancing."  I've always loved dancing and music, so naturally, I'd love this movie.  I think both Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray did a phenomenal acting job on this movie.  I think the movie world lost a wonderful actor the day Patrick Swayze passed away from cancer.  He had pancreatic cancer, but I think he lived about a year or two after he was diagnosed, which is pretty good for pancreatic cancer.  I still miss seeing him on movies.  He really wasn't very old when he passed. 

My Mother, Dorothy, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in early January, 1996.  We were told she wouldn't live more than a few months.  Then in March of the same year, she suffered a severe stroke, which pretty much paralyzed her.  We were then told that she wouldn't last more then a month.  So, we brought her home to die, but she didn't.  I suppose god wasn't finished with her on this earth just yet.  She finally died in October, 1996, after ten months of struggling and being in the hospital nine times.  She was the strongest woman I've ever known.  I miss her so much.

How's your weekend going?  Yesterday, my Red Hat group had a Progressive Dinner.  We started here at our home with appetizers, then moved to another member's home for the main meal, and ended up at another member's home for dessert.  My husband and I declined the dessert part because I was extremely tired and my back was hurting me.  So, we came home instead.  Neither of us really needed the sweets anyways.  We had a good time and I hope everyone else did, also.  It's always nice getting together with our friends. 

Well, the good news is that I've finally finished up my handmade Christmas cards.  I've completed eighty of them.  This year I ended up making alot of my own envelopes, as well.   I so enjoyed creating these cards, but I'm happy they're done now.  Now my craft room needs a good cleaning.  There are paper scraps and bits and pieces of cut-offs from paper and ribbons.  I'll get to that this week one day.  Sometime during the beginning of December, I'll post some photos of my Christmas cards on my blog so you can all enjoy them, if you'd like to see them. 

Now, I just need to soon get my manuscript to the printers.  Hopefully, that will be in the next couple of weeks.  I'm excited to finally see my third novel in book form.  I will be selling about 50 copies of the book, plus it will be available for electronic reading on Amazon.com.  You can check out the thirteen books and booklets I currently have available there, as well.  Just type my name in the search block and click. 

How's the weather where you are today?  It's a bit chilly here in Pennsylvania today.  I suppose that's because it's pretty windy.  I can always tell when it's windy outside, because it's always feels cooler in the house to me.  A little while ago, I made myself a nice hot cup of Tastefully Simple cocoa.  It was yummy.  My youngest daughter has been a representative for TS for many years now.  She's worked her way up in the ranks and is doing well.  If you haven't tried Tastefully Simple's products, you really should. 

My middle daughter is about ready to start her own jewelry business.  She's always been very creative.  I suppose she takes after me and her Grandmother.  I'm glad she's finally decided to use her creative abilities.  I know she'll do well. 

That leaves my oldest daughter, who is a school bus driver, as well as working for a marketing firm.  She had been in direct sales for many years, but over a year ago, she gave it all up.  She needed a change.  She went through a bad time for awhile, but she's better now.

I'm very proud of all three of my daughters.  They are strong, independent, honest woman.  They remind me so much of my Mother.  She was a very strong woman, also.  I never thought of myself as being a strong woman, but my daughter says that's where she learned to be that way.  Who knew?  Not me!

Well, I need to get back to my movie now.  I hope you enjoy the remainder of your Sunday.
Stay safe and God speed.
Susan

No comments: