Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What would you do?

Hi all,

I was just sitting here thinking about what I would do today, if it was the last day of my life.  I definitely would call each of my daughters, son-in-laws, grandsons, sister, brother and all my friends to let them know how much I love and cherish them.  Of course, my husband would be first on the list.  Then I believe I'd spend time in prayer.  Just me and God alone.  It's very important to me that He be with me in my last hours before death. 

Here's the thing though, we usually don't know what day will be our last.  So, I try to let each of those people I love that I do love and cherish them every day.  Whether it's my last day or just the next day.  How about you?  What would you do?  Any thoughts on this subject?

I called a neighbor today to see how she's doing.  She's been having some spine  or hip problems, I'm not sure which it really is.  She takes blood thinners, so she needs the doctor to take her off them so that she can get a shot to help with the pain.  Apparently, she goes to her family doctor tomorrow and he'll stop the blood thinner so she can have the shot. 

What upset me was that she is so depressed, that she actually said that if she had a gun she'd shoot herself.  I read her the riot act about how she needs to be more optimistic instead of so pessimistic.  She's taking some pills for the pain and she said it's helping some.  I realize she's 89 years old, but up until about ten days ago, she'd been in better health than me, and I'm only 65.  She was going out to the mall almost every day to visit with her friends before this happened.  She normally gets along much better than I do.  She does have some health issues, but nothing chronic. 

I found that talking to her was not only depressing me, but also making me angry.  She's been having problems for about 10 days, and I asked her how she thinks I feel sometimes after seven years.  I definitely try not to let myself become depressed.  I also try very hard to live each and every day of my life with gratitude and acceptance to God.  That's the only reason that I have a good frame of mind.  I am so thankful that I'm still alive! 

I spoke to her a few days ago and it was the same then.  I really care what happens to her, but I simply can't take too much of the pessimistic attitude.  It tends to bring me down and I refuse to let anyone do that to me.  I'll call her in a few days, but probably won't stay on the phone too long.

To finish answering my own question, if today was my last day on earth, I'd give thanks to God for all the blessings He has given me through the years.  I'd be looking forward to Him meeting me when I pass away.

Just some thoughts for today.  Maybe most of us would change our behavior if we knew what day would be our last!  Who knows?  Be safe and stay healthy.
Susan

No comments: