Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thanksgiving Day is Almost here.

Hi all,

I'm sure that most of you are making plans for Thanksgiving day.  Perhaps either you are hosting this holiday or you and your family are going to another person's home for dinner.  I know that the Christmas season is very prevalent right now, but that doesn't mean that everyone isn't also thinking and planning for the Thanksgiving holiday.

I believe that the Thanksgiving holiday should provoke feelings within each of us of the gratitude we feel for all the blessings we've been given.  Also, I think it's important for us to remember, not only, the current blessings, but those we've received all through our lives.  It should be a very personal time for each of us to reflect back through the years, for all those times that God has been there for us.  Then, too, it's a time for us to say "Thank you" to all of those people who have always had our backs, through all the bad times when we couldn't make it on our own.  We've all gone through those times at one point during our lives.  I certainly have and I know each of you has, also.

How about giving thanks for all the little things that we take for granted, each and every day of our lives.  You know, like going out and getting in your car, and it actually starts; how about when you get up in the morning and you have hot water to take a shower; or that you have heat in your home to keep you warm; or for the invention of all the electronic devices that are available today.  There are so many more, that I couldn't possibly name them all here. 

I am so grateful for all my blessings and I thank God for them every day, not just on Thanksgiving Day.  I have been truly blessed and there never will be enough time for me to thank God for everything.  Please don't take anything for granted.  You could be perfectly healthy today and in a few short hours, be stricken down with a serious illness.  One that will change your life for ever.  Would you be able to handle those changes?  I can tell you, first hand, that it isn't easy.  And, you can't think that just because you're young, this can't happen to you, because it can and does.  So, right now, I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you for taking time to read my blog. 

Tomorrow is Sunday, so please remember to make time to give praise and glory to God.  Please stay safe and God speed.
Susan

No comments: