Saturday, November 16, 2013

Happy Saturday evening!

Hi all,

How's every one's Saturday going?  I hope you're having a great weekend.  My Saturday hasn't been too exciting, but I've been keeping busy. 

This morning my best friend and I went to the only Fabric Store left in York County.  It's JoAnne Fabrics and Crafts.  I suppose that because the younger generation of women don't do much sewing anymore, maybe none.  It makes me wonder if they even repair their clothes when they tear, or if they need to be hemmed.  It's true that I don't sew like I used to do, but I do still sew on occasions.  I'd never want to be without a sewing machine, that's for sure. 

The reason I went to JoAnne's, was to purchase some wool felt,  The craft stores around here only carry the individual pieces of felt and I needed quite a lot for a hand embroidered piece I want to do.  Actually, if the one I've started turns out well, I think I'll make seven more for gifts for my lady friends.  During the winter months, I truly enjoy sitting and doing hand embroidery while I watch television.  It's very soothing to me.  But then, any kind of creative work is a stress reliever for me.  It's funny, how doing something I love to do relieves my stress.  How good is that?

If you are looking for a gift for an older lady for Christmas, I still have about a dozen copies of my novel, Crafty-Cruise With A Capital C, for sale.  They're $11.00 each.  Just send me a message and I'll mail you a copy after you mail me the money.  Or, if you live close by, you can stop and pick it up.

I'm pretty much finished with my Christmas shopping now.  I haven't started any wrapping as of yet, but hopefully next week.  I know it's early, but I like having things done well ahead of time.  That allows me to sit back and just enjoy the Holiday Season without rushing around and worrying about whether or not I'll get every thing finished in time.  I never have done well rushing around.  I'm a list person and I like to have all my ducks in a row, so to say! 

How about you?  Are you a last minute person or organized as I am?  I know everyone is different and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another person.  I think we should all try to be who we are and not someone we're not!

What's on your schedule for tomorrow?  It's Sunday, you know and it's The Lord's Day.  I hope you will all take some time to give praise and honor to God on His day.  He loves us all so much.  As for me, I'll probably pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy in Song and then participate in the Mass.  Whatever you do, just make time for God. 

I've decided that I'm not going to rush to get my newest novel, "Train-Trekking" With A Capital "T" published before the end of the year.  If I can arrange to have it done by then, that's great, but if not, that's okay, too.  I am anxious to see it in print, but January is just as good as December.  It will be available to purchase in book form, or eventually it will be available for electronic reading.  You will be able to go to www.amazon.com and put my name in the search box.  All of my books and booklets will be available there for electronic reading. (laptop, Ipad, Ipod, PC, Nook, Kindle, etc.)  Please feel free to check the thirteen I already have available there.  They would make a good gift for anyone who prefers electronic reading.

I have my next writing project in mind, but I'm not ready to start it just yet.  Perhaps I'll wait until after the first of the year, we'll see.  Do you have any projects you're working on now?  If so, let me know what they are. 

I'm watching a Christmas movie now.  I've seen it before, but I love watching them over and over.  It's called, The Christmas Hope.  It's a sad movie, but it ends happily, which makes me feel good inside.  Why not tune your television to a Christmas movie and sit back and enjoy the loving story.  I guarantee you it will make you feel good inside.

Well, I better close for now.  I hope the remainder of your Saturday will be good and that tomorrow is a great day for all of you.  Stay safe and God be with you.
Susan

No comments: