Friday, January 22, 2021

Friday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Friday, January 22         Beg for Mercy

A Burning Desire to Save Souls

The Lord said to me, The loss of each soul plunges Me into mortal sadness. You always console Me when you pray for sinners. The prayer most pleasing to Me is prayer for the conversion of sinners. Know, My daughter, that this prayer is always heard and answered (Diary, 1397).

March 25,'38. Today, I saw the suffering Lord Jesus. He leaned down toward me and whispered softly, My daughter, help Me to save sinners. Suddenly, a burning desire to save souls entered my soul. When I recovered my senses, I knew just how I was to help souls, and I prepared myself for greater sufferings (Diary, 1645).

My Prayer Response:

Lord Jesus, I want to respond to Your "mortal sadness" caused by the loss of each soul. Give me a "burning desire to save souls" like that of St. Faustina. Give me the graces to even suffer for the conversion of sinners.

JANUARY 22, 2021

"For He became man that we might become divine; and He revealed Himself through a body that we might receive an idea of the invisible Father; and He endured insults from men that we might inherit incorruption."
— St. Athanasius of Alexandria

No comments: