Saturday, January 23, 2021

Saturday's Mercy Minutes...

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Saturday, January 23              Beg for Mercy     Moving Heaven

Good Friday [April 15,'38]. I saw the Lord Jesus, tortured, but not nailed to the Cross. It was still before the crucifixion, and He said to me, You are My Heart. Speak to sinners about My mercy. And the Lord gave me interior knowledge of the whole abyss of His mercy for souls, and I learned that that which I had written is truly a drop (Diary, 1666).

I heard these words: If you did not tie My hands, I would send down many punishments upon the earth. My daughter, your look disarms My anger. Although your lips are silent, you call out to Me so mightily that all heaven is moved. I cannot escape from your requests, because you pursue Me, not from afar but within your own heart (Diary, 1722).

My Prayer Response:

Lord Jesus, through the intercession of St. Faustina, teach me how to beg for mercy on the whole world and move all of heaven like she did! Give me Your Heart, Lord, so I can appreciate better the whole abyss of Your mercy for souls.

JANUARY 23, 2021

"What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like."
– St. Augustine

No comments: