Saturday, January 16, 2021

Saturday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Saturday, January 16           Beg for Mercy

The Power of a Confident Soul

On one occasion the Lord said to me, My daughter, your confidence and love restrain My justice, and I cannot inflict punishment because you hinder Me from doing so. Oh, how great is the power of a soul filled with confidence! (Diary, 198).

My daughter, for the sake of your sincere and generous love, I grant [certain souls who displease Me] many graces although they are not asking Me for them. But I am doing so because of the promise I have made to you (Diary, 383).

My Prayer Response:

Lord Jesus, I join St. Faustina in her great trust and love of You to restrain Your justice and to call down many graces of Your mercy on this world, which is so in need of mercy. I particularly remember the souls of those I know who are far from You.

JANUARY 16, 2021

"And above all, be on your guard not to want to get anything done by force, because God has given free will to everyone and wants to force no one, but only proposes, invites and counsels."
— St. Angela Merici

No comments: