Thursday, January 28, 2021

Thursday's Mercy Minutes...

 

Divine Mercy Daily

Reflections from the Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Thursday, January 28     Deeds of Mercy  -  Our Task

September 6,'37. Today, I begin a new assignment. I go from the garden to the desert of the gate. I went in to talk to the Lord for a while. I asked Him for a blessing and for graces to faithfully carry out the duties entrusted to me. I heard these words: My daughter, I am always with you. I have given you the opportunity to practice deeds of mercy which you will perform according to obedience. You will give Me much pleasure if, each evening, you will speak to Me especially about this task. I felt that Jesus had given me a new grace in relation to my new duties; but, despite this, I have locked myself deeper in His Heart (Diary, 1267).

My Prayer Response:

Jesus, please give me opportunities to practice deeds of mercy. Open my eyes and ears to the needs of those around me. And lead me deeper into Your Heart of love and mercy for all.

JANUARY 28, 2021

"Prayer is the best preparation for Holy Communion. Prayer is the raising of the mind to God. When we pray we go to meet Christ Who is coming to us. If our Creator and Savior comes from heaven with such great love, it is only fitting that we should go to meet Him. And this is what we do when we spend some time in prayer."
– St. Bernardine of Siena

No comments: