Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies!

Hi all,

Today, my Red Hat group met at my house for a Christmas Cookie Exchange and lunch.  I prepared a nice light lunch of chicken salad on a bed of lettuce with a deviled egg along side.  With that I had warmed Italian crusty bread with Tastefully Simple's Tuscan herb blend and olive oil for dipping.  I served a choice of two fresh brewed teas:  Peach Blend and Earl Gray with a touch of Raspberry. 

For dessert, we each had six homemade cookies to taste.  (I gave everyone a baggie to take the cookies home, because, as usual, we couldn't eat that much.)  Along with that, we each were given one half dozen homemade cookies from each lady to keep for ourselves.  That means that we each ended up with three dozen cookies to share with our husbands.  We had a great time.  These friends are very special ladies and it means so much to me to have them as friends.  There are eight of us in my Red Hat group. 

On Sunday we are all meeting at Fire Mountain in Mechanicsburg for a Christmas Banquet and gift exchange.  We invite our husbands to join us and, of course, they do.  I know we'll have a wonderful time with them and each other.

I haven't started my baking or my homemade candy yet.  I plan on starting tomorrow by making my homemade fruit cake.  I've never been a lover of fruitcake, but using my Mom's recipe changed my opinion on fruitcake.  It's so moist and delicious!  These will be for you, Mom, with love!  (My Mother passed away in 1996 and I miss both her and my Dad so very much.  He died in 1999.)

I'm hoping to do most of my candy and Seven Layer Bars next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  My husband is having some surgery on Thursday and will just have to stay in the hospital overnight, so that will pretty much take care of those two days. 

I absolutely have to get back to writing my current novel.  I have been doing some writing on the website www.fanstory.com/susanlappmellott , but it's just not enough for me though.  I do love writing, any type at all.  I've writen some articles for www.ezinearticles.com/susanlappmellott, haven't even done anymore for there lately. 

I realize that the Christmas Season is a very busy time of year for everyone, but it's especially hard for me because since becoming ill, I usually run out of what little bit of energy I have, by shortly after lunch time.  I am just about finished my Christmas shopping though.  I just have one more shipment to arrive and then I'm finished.  Hurrah!!!  I did most all of my shopping on line this year.  I used:  http://www.amway.com/coriebersole, http://www.athome/angiealbright, and http://www.mariebersole.com .  Check these three sites out for some great savings.  Check out the Ribbon cards and Partner stores on the amway site, as well as, all sorts of great buys and savings on the other two sites.  If it's food that you'd like to purchase, either for yourself to serve or to give away for a great gift, try:  http://www.TSwithCandice.com.  I'm sure you'll find something great there.  You know, everyone does have to eat!  Check it out!

Well, that's my story for today, and I'm sticking to it!
Susan

No comments: