Thursday, December 27, 2012

I Had A Lightbulb Moment!

Hi all,

Well, now that Christmas is behind us for another 363 days, we can all look forward to ending the year 2012 with joy and ringing in the new year, 2013, with happiness and anticipation.  We often find ourselves happy that one year is ending and a new one is starting; but in truth, we never know what each new year will bring our way, do we?  I think we should count our blessings for each year, each month, each day and each hour we have been given here on this earth. 

In the past few months, there have been so many murders, both accidental and on purpose, that it's left me asking, "What has this world come to?  Why are so many innocent children killed without reason?  Why do so many people think that the only way to solve disputes is to take out a gun and shoot the other person.  Why do people turn to violence so quickly?  What is happening in this country today?"

I'm sure you all have had some of these same exact thoughts recently.  I find myself praying to God for His mercy so that this world we live in, will become a more loving and peaceful place in which to live and raise our families.  I often wander why the world has changed so much.

Well, on Christmas Eve, as I lay in bed thinking about the evening spent with my husband and my family, my thoughts turned to the violence that exists today.  I was thinking back to the birth of Jesus and how hard it must have been for God to allow His only loving Son to die, so that we could be set free from original sin.  He watched Jesus grow up into adulthood and then watched Him die on a cross.  How hard that must have been for God. 

As I was thinking about the Crucifixion and death of Jesus, I was reminded of the many men and women who called out, "Crucify Him" over and over again.   And what about the men who followed along Jesus' walk, beating and whipping Him all the way.  Then they nailed, actually hammered nails through His hands and feet, to attach Him to the cross, so they could stand the cross up straight, so that everyone could watch Jesus die on that same cross. 

This all made me realize just how much violence, prejudices and hate existed, even way back in the day of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.  It was a thought I hadn't ever had before then.  Yes, I knew Jesus was crucified and died on a Cross, but I suppose I never thought about it as being so much like things are today.  They may not have used guns to kill Jesus, but all the beatings, name calling and bullying killed Him just the same. 

So, my prayer for 2013 is that everyone of us begs God's blessings on this world we live in.  We may eventually, after death, live in a very peace loving place with God, but until then, we still need to live here in this world.  Whatever happened to giving another person the benefit of the doubt, by showing kindness and forgiveness whenever possible.  If some one's hurt you, please try to make a conscious effort to forgive them.  Forgiving them isn't for the other person, it's for you.  Your peace of mind, knowing that you are a loving and forgiving person is so important for each of us.  I do know, first hand, how very much it hurts when someone you consider a friend or family member hurts you, but I promise you that forgiving them for yourself, will give you a better, more peaceful place to live.  If you don't believe me, just try it.  What do you have to loose?  Don't you want to live each day of your life feeling at peace and good inside!

I am looking forward to the start of 2013.  Realizing that back in 2006, I almost died, left me realizing how very important living is to me.  As we ring in each new year, I have to give thanks to God that I'm still alive to see a new January 1.  This year will be no different.  I have some new adventures coming my way in the new year.  How about you?  What are you looking forward to in the coming year?  Whatever it is, I hope it brings you peace and much happiness.
Susan

No comments: