Thursday, December 13, 2012

How are your nerves????

Hi all,

How are things going with all of you?  Are you stressed out for one reason or another?  Perhaps it's work, problems at home, illness in the family or just the time of year!  Whatever it is, just stop, take a deep breath and sit down.  Or better yet, lay down and do some easy breathing exercises.  Just breath in deep through the nose, fill up your whole chest with air and then push the air back out through your open mouth.  As you breath in, say to yourself, "I'm breathing in comfort and calmness."  As you blow it out through your mouth, say to yourself, "I'm pushing all the tension and stress out of my body."  I promise you it works.  If you don't believe me, just try it!

I've done my breathing exercises just a short time ago because I took my husband to the hospital early this morning for some surgery.  Everything went terrifically and I didn't realize just how worried I was until after I was home for about an hour.  He will be released tomorrow morning.  He is fine. 

I knew he would be, because I knew God would take care of him.  But, as you may know, we sometimes cannot control our minds and hearts.  So, the deep breathing exercises helped me to relax and unstress.

Well, now let me change the subject for a bit.  I received a call again today from the librarian at York Catholic High School.  She had asked me about a month ago if I would come into YCHS for a morning to speak with the students in English class about writing.  I feel so blessed to be asked to do this.  Let me remind you that I am not a well known author.  I have written and published six books thus far.  I am currently working on my seventh. 

God has so blessed me with a vast amount of creative abilities.  I want high school students to know that creative abilities, whatever they may be, are a wonderful blessing from God.  We should not overlook them.  It's so important to realize, at any age, that whatever your passionate about, doesn't have to be what one does for a living.

For me, it's not about the money.  It's about giving back for God's wonderful blessings.  I could have died back in 2006, but He wasn't done with me on this earth yet.  So, I'm playing it forward when ever I can.  I cannot go out and work at a job any longer, or go to volunteer work at a hospital or some such place.  What I can do is create things that make someone else smile.  If I can do that for even just one person, then I am playing it forward!

How about you?  I'm sure you have been blessed by God in many ways.  Are you taking those blessings and playing them forward?  If not, start soon!  You'd be surprised at how much peace and contentment it brings to you.

If you're still doing Christmas shopping, try:  www.amway.com/coriebersole
www.athome.com/angiealbright   or   www.athome.com/marlenaebersole
or  for Tastefully Simple products  www.TSbyCandice.com

Well, that's all for now.  I wish each and every one of you a wonderful day, and remember to play it forward!
Susan

No comments: