Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Count Down!

Hi all,

Well, as you know, the count down to the day Jesus was born is coming rapidly.  Christmas Day, for some reason, seems to be coming more quickly this year than in the past.  It's just two weeks and two days away and I'm still a bit stressed about getting things done. 

I am happy to announce that just about all my wrapping is complete.  I baked two 9 x 13 pans of Seven Layer Cookies yesterday.  One was chocolate with walnuts and the other was vanilla with pecans.  Of course, I had to sample them to make sure they were edible and I have to say, they are yummy.  A few days ago I made a large can of Chex Mix.  I'm hoping to be able to make two large pans of chocolate chip with walnut bars today or tomorrow.  I've decided to try doing them in large cookie sheet pans, because it's very hard for me to stand in my kitchen that length of time to make individual cookies. 

Now, I'm not complaining, just trying to make my life easier.  My illness, Chronic Congestive Heart Failure, has drastically changed my lifestyle, but I've accepted that a long time ago.  It just lets me a bit melancholy as I think back to all the cookie baking I used to do.  Truth be told, neither my husband or I should be eating all those cookies and snacks.  He's a diabetic and I positively have to maintain my current weight. 

How are you feeling these days?  Is this season stressing you out?  If so, please try to find some time to sit down and relax, preferably by yourself.  Choose a nice quiet place, away from the husband or kids, just put your feet up, close your eyes and empty your mind.  Do some deep breathing so you have something to concentrate on besides your stresses.  Breathe in all the way until you fill your chest cavity and then push it out through your nose.  I promise you it works, even if only for a short period of time.

I've been doing some writing on www.fanstory.com .  I joined that writing website some time ago and I truly enjoy reading and reviewing other writers work.  Of course, I love posting my own work for other peoples enjoyment.  I've already posted a few chapters from My Memoirs, which I wrote and published back at the end of 2006.  If you have the time, check the website out.  Thanks.

Well, today my Red Hat group is having our Christmas Banquet.  One of my ladies bought each of us a headband to which is attached a large pair of reindeer antlers in red.  We are wearing them to the banquet in place of our red dress hats.  I'm sure this will, indeed, bring the chuckles from other people, but who really cares.  What's important is that we have fun while we're still alive to enjoy ourselves.

Take care and have a blessed and wonderful Sunday.
Susan

No comments: