Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Peace On Earth, Good Will To Us All!

Merry Christmas all,

As we celebrate the birth of Jesus, I hope you all are enjoying this Christmas Day, 2012.  We celebrated with my three daughters and their families last evening, with a large sit down supper, some Christmas story readings and then our gift exchange.  It was a very enjoyable evening, as always, but a very tiring one for me.  Two of my Grandsons couldn't make it.  We missed them very much.

Today it was just my husband and myself.  I cooked a turkey with filling for an early afternoon meal.  It was quite yummy.  We are both tired today, and feel like we could take a snooze. 

I hope this Christmas has brought all of you joy, peace and happiness.  I hope you were able to spend some time with your immediate families.  Family is very important to all of us!  While sitting around the dinner table last evening, my daughters and I were reminiscing about all the traditions my Mother and Father started many years ago.  Those traditions are still very important to all of us. 

One such tradition is making stuffed dates for Christmas Eve, which I now make every year.  For those of you who don't know what they are, you take pitted dates and stuff them with peanut butter and then roll them in granulated sugar.  Another tradition from my Mother is to make a fruit jello mold to go with the meal.  I, also, prepared one of those for my family. 

I love the Christmas season and so do my girls.  They've passed that love onto their children.  That love of Christmas was passed on to my by my Mother.  My parents have both been gone for quite awhile.  My Mother passed away in 1996 and my Father died in 1999, but some days it seems like just yesterday.  I miss them so much. 

So, as this Christmas day slowly comes to an end, I have to say that this year was just as wonderful and fulfilling as every year has been.  My first thought, upon awaking this morning, was to say, "Happy Birthday, Jesus."  For without Him, we'd have nothing to celebrate at Christmas!
Susan

No comments: